Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone found out sex of their baby, and managed not tell DH/DP!?

(9 Posts)
Flo23 Mon 03-Aug-09 11:28:24

Have 20 wk scan this wk, and am pretty sure that I would like to find out sex of the baby. Its our 3rd, and we haven't found out with either of the other two.

DH doesn't want to know, but it is unlikely that he will be able to make the scan. If I do find out, I think I will be able to keep it to myself, but was wondering how hard this will be!?

katster37 Mon 03-Aug-09 11:33:49

If you do, I would tell him you didn't find out, rather than do what I did, which was to say I knew but that I wouldn't tell him. He couldn't stand it that I knew and he didn't and was constantly trying to assess my reactions to things, like colours of clothes / name discussions etc and in the end he asked me to tell him! So I wish I had just lied outright and said I hadn't found out! To be fair, I found out by accident at an extra scan (I went alone) I had to have at 14 weeks. The sonographer asked me 'Do you want to know the sex?' and I said 'You can't tell at 14 weeks!' in disbelief, and he said 'yes you can - you are having a boy'! Good luck! Do you have any inkling as to what you are having?

olivo Mon 03-Aug-09 11:35:40

my DH made me promise that i wouldn't do this as he couldn't be at the scan. I said it would be too obvious as I would either be washing and drying all our girl clothes, or passing them on!

after numerous scans recently, we finally both cracked and asked if they could see what it was - they couldn't !!

i'd say don't do it!

Flo23 Mon 03-Aug-09 11:40:03

No idea what this one is, was convinced I was having a girl last time, but had DS2!

I think because I havent found out before, and when the boys have been born I've thought that I would have liked to know who it was kicking around, I'd like to know this time.IYSWIM.

I really don't mind what I have, 3 boys would be lovely(!?)but equally I would be delighted to have a girl.

If I do find out, will just have to say the sonographer couldn't get a good view. Which may of course happen...

Flo23 Mon 03-Aug-09 13:53:08

bumping for myself

katster37 Mon 03-Aug-09 13:55:03

Ooooo find out, find out grin How old are your DSs? I was certain this was a boy, would have been really surprised if it had turned out to be a girl! At the 22 week scan 'it' was still a boy so I reckon they got it right, although will only know for definite in November. When are you due, Flo?

Flo23 Mon 03-Aug-09 14:00:30

4 and 21 months. Due 28th Dec, so hoping its going to be a week or so late.

I do want to find out, but its just managing to keep it to myself for the following 20 wks that will be hard!

Hope your pregnancy is going well Katsmile

katster37 Mon 03-Aug-09 14:50:39

Thanks Flo. Ooo yes, hopefully you can hang on for a week. Christmas could be interesting if you're early smile

Funnily enough, we were debating the other day what we would do if (fingers crossed) we have another, and DH said he wouldn't mind me finding out , as long as I did it in secret by booking a private scan but not telling him when I was going so he wouldn't be analysing what I said for clues! Not sure how that would work in practice, maybe we will see one day!

Anyway, good luck with what you decide to do, I'm sure it'll work out. Will you 'fess up once the baby is born if you do find out? We haven't told anyone else that we know, and it is quite hard when DH's mum keeps telling me how she 'knows' we are having a girl!

Flo23 Mon 03-Aug-09 20:11:58

...and again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now