Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

YAY...Im Pregnant but have no idea how far as i havent been getting my period.

(10 Posts)
Samilee Mon 03-Aug-09 05:20:50

Hi, I have just found out im pregnant. So happy about it. But i had been on depo vera so i still hadnt gotten a period, therefore i have NO IDEA how far along i am. Anybody been in this situation and what did you do?

LeninGrad Mon 03-Aug-09 05:29:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

giraffesCantCatchSwineFlu Mon 03-Aug-09 05:32:58

Congrats

sandcastles Mon 03-Aug-09 05:46:49

Haven't been in your situation, but you need to se your GP & get a referal for a dating scan.

Picante Mon 03-Aug-09 07:16:35

You're very very lucky having been on depo! V pleased for you.

stickybean Mon 03-Aug-09 09:01:16

I was in this situation, my last period was 6 months before my bfp.
GP felt my tummy and knew i was less than 12 weeks, then sent me for a scan. I was 7 weeks.
She is now nearly 1!
Good luck

decafgirl Mon 03-Aug-09 20:59:53

Can you not wee on one of those digital pg tests that tells you how many weeks? smile

Good luck!

Samilee Tue 04-Aug-09 02:02:32

Hey guys, thank you all for your replies. Just thought i would let you know, i had a scan ultrasound this morning and im 6 weeks...could even see the heartbeat! Absolutely amazing...
Picante- i realise how very very lucky i am because the more i read up about depo and read experiences from people that have been on it the more i realise how badly it messes everything up. I will never go back on it again and would try to talk anybody out of it!

Picante Thu 06-Aug-09 08:02:39

Great news! Hope everything goes well for you... couldn't agree more re depo.

mumbot Thu 06-Aug-09 08:21:31

Hi - congrats on your BFP - wonderful news.

I had a similar situation but with very long cycles (45 days and unpredictable)

I took a clear blue preg test with the conception indicator which after an early scan showed to be correct

The only way really is to have a scan - are you having any symptoms yet? Morning sickness, sore boobs etc etc

That could indicate that you are beyond 5 / 6 weeks.

good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now