Talk

Advanced search

Really need your thoughts do i have another c-section?

(3 Posts)
mummytopebs Sun 02-Aug-09 19:50:58

Bit of background dd was born by emergency c-section 4 years ago due to pre-eclampsia and fetal distress.

I have a small cervix so was quite relieved that i didnt have her natuaralyy, i also suffer from panic attacks and cope much better if i have been through something before, all of these circumstances are making me feel i would refer a planned section for new baby.

But then i am thinking am i being a bit of a wimp and should i try naturally? I didnt find the recovery from c section that bad and 1 of my friends who had a natural birth was actually off her feet longer than me.

Any thoughts suggestions? Anyone had a section and vb? Help me decide, my consultant said it is my decision and he will support which ever i decide

growingout Sun 02-Aug-09 19:54:36

Message withdrawn

LittleMissNorty Sun 02-Aug-09 19:59:20

I ended up having an elective section the 2nd time around. 1st was em CS due to non-progression after 26 hours of labour. I thought about it all quite carefully and went for a second section. I also suffer with anxiety (and was on meds during pg) and I definitely made the right decision.

I was a little anxious just before the section but the nice drugs man gave me something to space me out - and the whole experience was calm and lovely. So much less traumatic than my first.

I didn't find recovery too bad - don't have a choice with a toddler - you just have to get on with it!

However, I'm not the type who worries about having the natural birth experience - it was the end result I was interested in. Different strokes for different folks and all that!

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now