Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

due in one week already have a 17 month old and am dreading it

(3 Posts)
pud1 Sun 02-Aug-09 09:02:35

my og has flew by as i dont think i have had time to think about it with having a young dd. pg was a total suprise and i feel so guilty as i have no sense of excitment. really worried that i dont actually want this baby. i dont really enjoy the newborn bit ( not sure how anyone can). did anyone feel the same and how did it work out.

wrinklytum Sun 02-Aug-09 09:22:44

hi pud.No 2 wasa suprise fr me to,we hada 2 year age gap.It is much more difficult with no pg as you say you are rushing round chasing after no 1 and don't have time to think!

I think you are having last minute nerves,IT WILL BE OK.No 2 wasa very refluxy baby and I found the first few months hard but eventually it will all come together and you will enjoy having 2 I promise (Though in initial few months I thought "What have I done!" several times a day.)Accept ALL offers of help and lower your housework standards.Remember C-Beebies is your friend wink

Mine are now 5 and 3 and are quite close despite the usual sibling spats.DS is a greatbig brother and really looks after dd who idolises him.

Good luck

IwishIwasamermaid Sun 02-Aug-09 09:31:24

I have a 13 month gap between DS and DD and DD is now nearly 1.

I found pregnancy and a toddler harder than a newborn and a toddler. DD slept all the time as a newborn so DS wasn't disrupted really, and we had no problems with jealousy as he doesn't remember a time when she wasn't here.

Now they play together and entertain each other which means I can get on with other things for a little while. I bath them together and feed them at the same time, so its not a lot more work, things just take a bit longer and I can't find a changing bag big enough for all the stuff they need!

I really felt not ready for DD and took a few months to really bond with her but it did happen, I just felt more conected to DS as he interacted more and the newborn stage seemed so lonely somehow.

I hope it all goes well, having 2 close in age is fun, honestly. People kept telling me I was 'brave' and how much work it was going to be with 2 but its not like that at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now