Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dizziness

(6 Posts)
maybebaby23 Sat 01-Aug-09 08:06:58

Hi,
A few days ago i woke up and as soon as i sat up i felt like the room was spinning, really dizzy. I thought i had sat up too fast so i lay back down and it passed after a couple of minutes. So i sat up really slowly and same thing happened! Ive never felt so dizzy in my life! I kept lying back down and it went away totally, then trying to sit up really slowly but it just kept happening. I had to stay in bed all day long, it didn't get any better. I had to crawl to the toilet and back!! Anyway i slept all night and in the morning i was fine! Anyone have any idea what that was about? I didn't have my blood pressure checked on that day but its always been perfect. I ate and drank normally and no other symptoms! Been fine since. Im 18 weeks. Thanks for reading.

sjbj Sat 01-Aug-09 14:56:32

Hi, i've had a bit of dizziness too. My midwife said my blood pressure was a little low but ok. She said to make sure i kept fluids up and eat little and often. I went on the blood pressure website and they also mentioned keeping salt levels up - but not too much of course!
How are you lying down? if on your back you might need to start lying on left side.
Hope this info helps.

posieparkerinChina Sat 01-Aug-09 15:19:37

blood pressure and get your iron levels checked.

HeadFairy Sat 01-Aug-09 15:22:40

I've had a few dizzy episodes... my bp and iron levels are fine. Its worth getting yours checked out though.

maybebaby23 Sat 01-Aug-09 16:11:09

Thanks for your replies, my iron levels are ok..my blood pressure is a little low when im pregnant but they always say its perfect. I know when im not pregnant its usually a bit higher (but still normal) Also i didn't think about salt levels! I dont use salt at all so maybe it was that...thanks guys!

lynneevans51 Sat 01-Aug-09 16:35:39

FWIW I've always suffered terribly with dizziness and actual fainting during pregnancy - now on 3rd! No reason ever found - its just the way I seem to be. In fact, with me it nearly always happens when I'm sitting down - don't have to be standing or anything - quite embarrasing when on public transport I can tell you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now