Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby not engaged at 38 weeks..

(7 Posts)
McSnail Fri 31-Jul-09 15:25:21

Hello - as the title suggests, I'm 38 weeks and the baby hasn't engaged - am slightly dosappointed as can't wait not to be pregnant anymore, haha.

When did your baby get into position, and does it actually indicate that the baby's soon on it's way? Or does it not really 'mean' anything with regards to the imminent arrival of child?

juuule Fri 31-Jul-09 15:35:21

Whether the baby engages or not is no indication of when it's going to put in an appearance.

Most of mine never engage until well into labour.

My sil was due around same time as I was. Her baby engaged, mine didn't. She delivered 10 days after me.

MustHaveaVeryShortMemory Fri 31-Jul-09 15:38:00

Midwife tells me its unusual for the head to engage before labour unless its your first baby. But Juule is right, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Mine's been engaged for weeks and I'm 10 days over today sad

McSnail Fri 31-Jul-09 16:01:58

Oh, right...

Doesn't mean much then. Thanks ladies.

cocobongo Fri 31-Jul-09 16:20:31

also, could be popping in and out. at my 36 week check, baby was 4/5 palpable but at 38 week check on Monday, baby was completely free. i guess you just have to go with the flow, that is what I am planning to do (then again, I am still at the stage where I'm not ready to have this baby, lol!!!).

McSnail Fri 31-Jul-09 16:25:26

I didn't know they could go in and out like that. Oh well!

cocobongo Fri 31-Jul-09 16:47:14

Yeah, my doc said that baby probably sometimes popped down there when I was standing or walking or whatever. Well, our babies will come when they are good and ready!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now