Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

WHICH PRAM FOR 2 KIDS... TANDEM OR SIDE BY SIDE

(8 Posts)
chezie Mon 23-May-05 18:43:46

I am 6-7 wks pg and already thinking about what pram I will need. DS is 1 yr old, he will be 20 mths when next one arrives. I like the idea of them sitting side by side entertaining one another but will it be hard to get pram into shops, houses etc.. On the other hand Ive heard tandems are heavy to get up kerbs. Can anyone reccomend a side by side pram that isnt too wide. thanks in advance girls

Yorkiegirl Mon 23-May-05 18:44:42

Message withdrawn

lockets Mon 23-May-05 18:50:49

Message withdrawn

Nemo1977 Mon 23-May-05 18:52:21

chezie im 10wks pg and ds will be just 2 when baby comes. I have been looking at getting a pram with a toddler seat instead. obviosuly havent tried one out yet but will do. Just abother option to consider

bosscat Mon 23-May-05 19:10:55

exactly same age difference with mine and I got the mamas and papas double buggy they only have one and I can't remember what its called. It fits through shop doors and all lifts etc so I've had no problems with it. Its got a cup holder which sold it to me, and is really comfy with a bar which goes across them and keeps them in. highly recommend.

bosscat Mon 23-May-05 19:11:28

yes sorry its the mamas and papas twin aria!

hermykne Mon 23-May-05 19:14:21

i got the mclaren rally twim, which was the narrowest side by side i could find, there maybe narrower, but it gets my front door ok.

but shops not really unless its shopping centres.

its not great quality as it has taken a bit more rough and tumble than my single mothercare lightweight buggy.

but it serves a purpose.

there is the thing about tandems and having a heavier child in the front, its hard work for the pusher, ???

Littlemissbusy Mon 23-May-05 21:12:21

I had the Graco Stadium Duo (one in front of the other) - my children are 21 months apart. Although the whole pushchair was heavy, and quite big when folded, it was great value (around £100) and it was great because the pavements where I live are narrow, and a side by side one would have meant me being on the road a lot of the time. Also good for getting in and out of shops.
Two other great things - a heavy pushchair was great for getting back into shape!!! No need for dull exercise classes! And the other thing was there was no chance of the two children annoying each other!!!
Having said all that - I don't think there's a right decision. I probably only used this pushchair for 9 months really - as then the oldest one went on the buggy board attached to a single buggy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now