Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Measuring 10cm more than I was at 24 wk check - a bit worried....

(5 Posts)
dizzytrout Wed 29-Jul-09 19:54:15

I did write something on the end of another thread which was also about measuring too big for dates, but my situation is slightly different so I thought I'd try to explain...

I was measured at 24 week check and I was 22cm, I went for 28 week check today and midwife measured me to be 32cm, but then changed it to 31cm. I was worried that I'd grown such a lot in such a short time and also as i'm not that far on.

I know they usually say it's ok if you're within 3cm, but then again I only thought about it when I got home that it can be a sign that there are problems with baby's organs if you have too much fluid, as both myself and my partner have had kidney problems I'm not sure if I'm worrying too much?

Any thoughts would be appreciated x

bexaa Wed 29-Jul-09 20:22:52

Message withdrawn

dizzytrout Wed 29-Jul-09 20:30:08

Thanks Bex smile
She didn't say much really, just that she'd keep an eye on it and measure again in 3 weeks time.
I did think that about the 20 week scan, I know they check all of the organs then don't they.
I think I just got such a shock from measuring 22cm 4 weeks ago to 31-32 now, it seemed like such a big growth spurt!
I'll try not to worry, I know my Midwife would have said if it was anything too serious - I am a bit of a worrier!!

bexaa Wed 29-Jul-09 20:33:01

Message withdrawn

dizzytrout Wed 29-Jul-09 20:55:15

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now