Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

She's helped alot .....

(13 Posts)
YummyMummy17 Wed 29-Jul-09 19:51:14

Hey this isn't exactly about pregnancy, but didn't know where to post....

My mum helped me millions through out my pregnancy, she even bought me a brand new pram, she's been amazing...
So I'm gona have the LO any day now and have been thinking what I can get my mum as a gift for helping me out ....

Does anyone have any ideas ?
Help please grin

xx

Wigeon Wed 29-Jul-09 19:57:23

What is your vague budget? £5 / £20 / £50 / £100 / £300?

Wigeon Wed 29-Jul-09 19:57:47

Or, I suppose, £1,000+ !!

angel1976 Wed 29-Jul-09 20:24:34

Name the baby after her????? grin

Oops, if baby is a boy, that could be an issue! Ha ha.

I would suggest something from Tiffany? You don't have to spend loads...

Double heart pendant and necklace £80

There's loads more!

laurawantsababy Wed 29-Jul-09 21:00:59

My parents bought us loads of stuff for dd and were great. We dont have much money so (I know it sounds corny) I did a nice moonpig card to say thank you, put a nice photo of dd and a footprint of her in it.

My mum cried the minute she opened it and thought it was the best thing ever.

I think its the smaller things that matter. So maybe a nice photo and a footprint soon after your lo is born?

YummyMummy17 Thu 30-Jul-09 10:56:50

i dont really have a budget TBH but probs about £100 mark....
and moonpig idea was good but i just gave them anniversary card from there and im having a boy cant name him veronica lol
thanks for all the ideas KEEP THEM COMING grin xx

YummyMummy17 Thu 30-Jul-09 10:56:51

i dont really have a budget TBH but probs about £100 mark....
and moonpig idea was good but i just gave them anniversary card from there and im having a boy cant name him veronica lol
thanks for all the ideas KEEP THEM COMING grin xx

oopsacoconut Thu 30-Jul-09 11:00:14

My mum helped out alot too when DD was born we had her footprints put onto a pendant for her. she loves it and wears it everyday. cost about £60 including as chain.

Wigeon Thu 30-Jul-09 19:17:24

Olive tree or bay tree in a nice planter (the kind that are about 3 or 4 foot high).

If you are in London (or other big city), are there any memberships she might like, like V&A, the Tate, British Film Institute, Wigmore Hall etc etc?

We are taking my mum to some Proms this summer as a thank you for looking after our DD.

Massage / beauty therapy type stuff.

Food hamper in the post.

Different little treats every now and then?

Case of wine?!

Didn't realise Tiffany was so affordable! Thought it was all about £9839853409!

angel1976 Thu 30-Jul-09 19:37:47

Wigeon - There are things in there worth gazillions! Here's one I fancy when I win the Euromillions! grin

Wigeon Thu 30-Jul-09 21:13:41

Oooh, think I'll just leave a picture of that lying around for DH to find...

Wigeon Thu 30-Jul-09 21:21:18

Oh, no, changed my mind, I'd like this instead please.

angel1976 Thu 30-Jul-09 21:47:56

shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock

<But no one would even KNOW they are diamonds! But I guess you will be too rich to care... grin>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now