Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Negative test, No AF, What's up?

(7 Posts)
roulade Tue 28-Jul-09 17:46:56

Started ttc this month after being on the pill for 3 years.I took my last pill on 25th June, came on on 28th June.
2 weeks ago i started peeing alot and my bladder felt sore,1 week ago after going to the loo i wiped (sry tmi) and it was pink.I was due on 3 days ago ( my cycle has always been incredibly regular whenever i'm not on the pill.
I've done 2 tests and both were negative and i'm still waiting for AF!
Has anyone experienced this before? and what happened to you?
Many thanks!!smile

Joy27 Tue 28-Jul-09 17:51:55

I hope it turns out that you are pregnant. However it does sound like you may have/have had a urinary tract infection. The frequent urination, pain and blood (which could have been in your urine) suggest this to me. I would see a doc, in case you need antibiotics.

I had a bad UTI earlier this year, with blood, and my period was 12 days late. We were ttc and I was very frustrated when the tests were negative and really upset when my period eventually showed up. I can only assume the infection made my period late (though I'm not a doctor, obv). Illness can do this.

But then I got pregnant the following month!
So I'm in no way attempting to piss on your strawberries. As I said, I hope it is good news for you.

roulade Tue 28-Jul-09 17:58:23

Just to put you off your diner a bit more, it was actually like pink jelly! This is what made me think it came from the cervix rather than ureta ( urethra? sry can't remember the name)

Joy27 Tue 28-Jul-09 18:12:46

ahh I see. Well that does sound more promising and less like a UTI. Good luck! As you are only a couple of days late it may well be that you'll get a BFP in a few days time.

roulade Tue 28-Jul-09 18:30:11

I just don't know what to think though, i've been pregnant 3 times before ( 2 mc's 1 lovely ds) and every time i've tested positive a day late. i think if i got a BFP now i would be worried that things weren't 'right' IYKWIM (paranoid emote)!

readyfornumber2and3 Tue 28-Jul-09 18:39:36

if you have been on the pill for 3 years then it could just be your body getting back to normal?
And what you describe certainly sounds like a UTI to me.

Hopefully you are pregnant and just ovulated a bit late hence the BFN, best thing you can do is wait a few more days and retest and if still no af and bfn then see your gp

roulade Tue 28-Jul-09 18:45:24

Sorry i should have said, the soreness went away after a week and i've been getting periody twinges ever since so if i did have a UTI then i think it has gone.
Thanks for your help guys, i guess i'll just have to wait a bit longer!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now