Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

can anyone help-4-5 weeks pregnant and NO SAC

(21 Posts)
justmee Tue 28-Jul-09 15:00:31

hi all
u may no i suffered 2 mc last year.i went to have an early scan this time to see how things are going
ino i overlated 6 days late which was on the 14th july this month.but counting from my last period date it makes me 4weeks 5 days
and today they did a vaginal scan and there was no sac im worrying like mad the doctor told me that my lining had thickened is this good or bad??
im living in a forign contry so the language barrier is quite hard and could really do with some help.
thankyou aisha xx

mogend77 Tue 28-Jul-09 18:45:09

Surely if you ovulated 6 days late, then instead of 4+5 you are only, in reality, 3+6? If that's right, that could explain it I'd have thought. It is very very early for a scan though, either way.

Hugs for the worry though. Hope you get a clearer result soon.

MrsHappy Tue 28-Jul-09 18:59:51

If you are sure you ovulated on the 14th then you are only 4 weeks along.

IME they can sometimes see a sac from 4+4 (or a couple of days earlier, if the person scanning is good) but it is tiny and they tell you not to panic if they can't find it! A lot of growing is going on at this stage so I can well imagine that they might see nothing at 4 weeks and then something a few days later.

Try not to worry - the uterus lining thickening is a good thing.

pretoria Tue 28-Jul-09 22:15:58

I had a scan at 5+4 and they couldn't see anything, but then a repeat one at 6 weeks showed a sac (but no foetal pole). Finally saw embryo and heart beat at 7+3.

So it can take a while for things to be visible. 4-5 weeks is very early.

Ilovebeingamummy Tue 28-Jul-09 22:25:14

I think it is much too early. I have had the same issue and have taken the 6 days off my last period day to make sure scans etc done at right time now.

Please try not to worry - the thickened lining is very positive and so long as your test is positive and no bleeding you have every reason to be positive. Personally I would try and hold out until 7-8 weeks for next scan (I know this seems a very long time now!

Good luck x

justmee Wed 29-Jul-09 09:51:42

thanks guys
i know it was early for a scan but the doctor had asked me to go as soon as i found out due to mc 2 times last yr.Altho i wish i never went now bcoz early scans only seem to worry me
i havnt had no bleeding so i have my fingers crossed
hes asked me to go bak friday but think im going to wait at leat another 2 weeks.he also mentioned if i had pain on any sides to come back or bleeding since he said that i dont no if its me convincing myself i have pain but i seem to have a bit of abdonal pain now?
thanks again xxx

mogend77 Wed 29-Jul-09 15:49:54

Oh dear I think your docotr is a bit of a panic monger! Pains on both sides are actually really common in very early pregnancy & can be caused by pressure on your bladder/bowels, constipation/trapped wind, ovarian cysts - all sorts of harmless things. Yes they can occasionally be signs of ectopics, but without any other symptoms it's not very likely. I think I might be inclined to change GP though!

justmee Thu 30-Jul-09 05:28:57

mogend
i know hes really pankicked me was crying this morning because im litrally that scared i wish i never went for an early scan my other mc started with bleeding but i havnt had any.
im off to a different doctor today whos going to test how many weeks exactly i am so maybe that will put me at ease FINGERS CROSSED
thanks xxxx

StealthPolarBear Thu 30-Jul-09 05:31:14

good luck today
I think you need to prepare yourself for the fact this doctor might not find anything either - not necessarily because anything's wrong, but just because you are so early on

justmee Thu 30-Jul-09 07:36:50

yes over here where i live they said they are going to mesure the urine??never herd that before but doc said they will be able to tell by that scared but if it says i am only 4 that could explain why i wasnt showing on tuesday???right?
thanks you fingers crossed xxx

justmee Thu 30-Jul-09 14:58:30

went to docotrs today they said it to early wait another week pregnancy test they done came out possitive but rather light??
so im going to try hang out for 2 weeks if i can
xxxx

MrsHappy Thu 30-Jul-09 22:06:55

TBH I do think that is your best bet. Wait 2 weeks and then, if you haven't had any bleeding, go for a scan.

IME early scans and repeated tets can cause more stress than they fix!

justmee Mon 03-Aug-09 14:14:59

hi guys just to fill u in was bleeding badly last night have been for a checkup today and baby not there doctor has taken away some tissues that he found and they are being tested my bloods been taken but he says iv either suffered an eptopic or a misscarriage feeling really down and finding it really hard cried most of these last 2 days feels as though it wont ever happen
just waiting on my results whihc i shud get friday then im besing tested as to y i keep miscarrying has anyone else has 3 miscarriages if so what was the reasons for misscarrying and are the easy sovalble???
thanks

StealthPolarBear Mon 03-Aug-09 14:17:01

oh I'm so sorry justmeee
No advice I'm afraid but hopefully you will get some soon. Take care of yourself.

Hopeful2 Mon 03-Aug-09 15:56:03

Justmee I'm so sorry. I had a mc last Nov at 10 weeks & there are no words that anyone can say to make it better, but it will happen, just keep holding on to that hope. They will be able to do tests now as to why & it could be as simple as placing you on some medication to assist.
Love & hugs to you x

mogend77 Mon 03-Aug-09 16:18:30

I'm so sorry to hear that. MC, no matter how early is devastating. You ask if anyone else has had 3+ mcs - I have had 6 early MCs & 1 healthy baby & another on the way, due in a couple of months.

I had 4 early MCs, all between 4 & 6 weeks, before DD1. It was the most difficult period of my life without a doubt. An awful lot of people haven't the faintest idea why early mc would be so hard to deal with. Unfortunately it's rather taboo & the business of not anouncing pregnancies until 12 weeks contributes a little to that taboo so I think that a) when you miscarry you are unprepared having never heard about it and that b) people are often not very supportive.

Eventually I had investigations & as soon as the investigations were underway I conceived my daughter, who stuck, and thousands of knicker checks later arrived safely. They never found a cause. After her I had an accident (got pregnant when she was 5 months old accidentally) and no sooner had I discovered this & decided that, though it wasn't what I would have planned I did want the baby, than I miscarried that one. I had one further miscarriage as soon as we started ttc but then conceived my current bump straight after.

So yes I have had 6 mcs, no cause has been discovered & I have no real reason to believe I am anything other than unlucky (although lucky, now in that of course I have conceived 2 sticky ones for which I am eternally grateful). Part of me (the part no doubt, that just needs a reason) is convinced that I can't carry boys but I don't have anything very scientific to back that feeling up.

I know how hard it is to believe it, but the overwhelming chances are that you will keep trying, nothing will be found to be wrong with you (or if it is it will be easily fixable) and you will go on to give birth to a healthy baby. I swear I didn't believe that no matter how many times I read it - but my daughter is the proof of it.

I don't suppose anything can console you at the moment, but I hope that in attempting to answer your question I might be able to give you some hope.

Have you thought about doing something to honour the baby? I found marking each loss helped me to grieve and move on.

justmee Mon 03-Aug-09 16:58:00

thankyou hopeful polarbear and mogend for writing back.
mogend
im so glad u wrote back and told me about your story because i feel like giving up.eveything i have been through has finally caught up with me and im taking this 1 quite bad i truly belived this pregnancy would be it but iv just been knocked down again!my eyes r stinging so much because iv just cried and cried and all thats running through my head right now is gotta wait another 5 -6 months will it happen again will i ever have kids.feeling like a selfish kid!
the doctor will take tests in a month how do they go about doing this??its not like a dnc isit becuase i had one of those last year whilst i was awake and i dont want to go through that again?

i have a angel statue in my garden for my 1st mc and i have a framed scan for my 2nd but i dont know what to do with this 1 im sure sumthing will come along

xxx

3 angel babys<3

mogend77 Mon 03-Aug-09 19:28:29

The investigations I had were, I think, all blood tests unless I have forgotten something. There might have been further, more invasive tests had I not got pregnant. I had to give quite a lot of bottles of blood, enough to make me quite faint afterwards - but fine other than that.

If they suspect an ectopic they might do more than that though.

For my first mc, I wrote the baby a letter. We then went out & bought a big pot & a load of small bulbs. We planted the letter at the bottom of the pot then the bulbs on top, so every spring we have a little reminder of our Little Bean. My second one was on "History Day", when the public were supposed to write a diary extract of their day and send it to the BBC to be archived for history purposes. So I wrote it up for that & that was what I did to mark it. I didn't feel the same need to mark the others although we did do little things.

You WILL get through this.

Can I ask why you need to wait 5/6 months? Do you mean that's how long it has taken you to conceive the others or have you been advised to wait?

I have never been seriously advised to wait. They usually say 1 cycle after an early miscarriage, but even then that is only so that you can date your pregnancy from a proper period, rather than a miscarriage - it's purely for dating purposes. You are no more likely to miscarry if you conceive straight away than if you wait. The only thing you need to wait for is to feel emotionally ready - personally I never managed to wait for that. 2 weeks post MC I'd get that hormonal ovulation rush & there would be no reasoning with me! This current bump was conceived straight after a mc.

I wish you really good luck from here. Look after yourself & give yourself permission to feel angry/hard done by/whatever you need to feel. It is rotten rotten luck. But you will get through this - honestly.

justmee Wed 05-Aug-09 14:11:20

been to doctors and he has said that its 90% chance from my blood results that its not eptopic so im not as scared and worried another blood test tomorrow should confirm it tho

i love the idea what you done with the bulbs and planted a note under it really sweet..

the reason to wait is becuase my doctor wont test me for a month and hes advised me to wait 5/6 months to let my body heel which i hope goes fast!!bcoz it seems so long away

you have giving me some hope i just want to know if theres anything wrong with me and all i seem to be doing is waiting i want to get the whole thing over and done with.
let hope they can fix me

thankyou for you suport mogend xxxx

mogend77 Wed 05-Aug-09 19:36:44

Thanks for the update. Have been thinking about you. It's very good that he thinks it unlikely to be ectopic.

I hope you can now start to heal emotionally as that is the most important thing for you now.

If you really feel the urge to start trying again sooner than that though I would think about it at least. Do your own research online, get a 2nd opinion etc. There is not, as far as I am aware, any good physical reason why you need to wait that long.

Have you had a look at the Miscarriage Assocation website? Just google Miscarriage Association. I found it very helpful. They have a section about trying again.

Good luck whatever you decide.

justmee Thu 06-Aug-09 13:52:40

thanks mogend

i will look at that.I will be going to doctors saturday now as my test from the peice he sent away wont be in untill saturday morning more waiting!
i would love to try sooner but untill i know whats wrong or if anything is wrong with me i dont think i could face another mc again

its tearing me apart i cant even begin to look at another baby or seeing pregnant woman makes me want to cry sure im going mental

i no in time i will feel better its just really hard

thanksyou so much for your help xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now