Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

abnormal vessels

(4 Posts)
jbdem Tue 28-Jul-09 13:20:47

Hi, I'm new here. My sister told me about this site.
I have 3 healthy boys & am pregnant with my fouth child. I've just come back from my 2nd scan & have just been told there may be transposition of the great arteries. They explained that the heart vessels are running parallel and not crossing over as they should & have booked me in for a further scan on thursday. The baby is growing well otherwise.

I wondered if anybody knows more about this?? I'm too scared to google as the internet has a way of making things sound much worse than things are.

StinkyFart Tue 28-Jul-09 13:32:26

Welcome to Mn smile

Congratulations on your pg; I hope someone with advice will be along soon to help you

Good luck

StinkyFart Tue 28-Jul-09 23:17:30

mears Tue 28-Jul-09 23:22:32

Hi jbdem - didn't want your post to go unanswered. Best wait till you have your next scan for confirmation. If your baby does have transposition then he/she will require to have heart surgery after birth. Best to talk it over with the experts in real life. Sorry you have this worry at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now