Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rapid Fetal Movement

(8 Posts)
Southwind Mon 27-Jul-09 20:29:05

Hi All

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. Im 28 weeks and it feels like he is shuddering in there, only last a couple of seconds and he also does other normal kicks and turns but I find this sensation wierd! Happens mostly when Im laying down.

lucky1979 Mon 27-Jul-09 21:54:36

I had that I think, it went on for about 10 seconds! I'm 24 weeks. I asked my doctor and he said that it was probably her getting the hiccups, so maybe yours is just having a few hiccups?

Longtalljosie Mon 27-Jul-09 22:06:10

We've had another thread on this recently. I can't find it but I found this one on the same subject.

I'm 37 weeks and my baby does it too...

Longtalljosie Mon 27-Jul-09 22:34:36

Ah - found the other one now...

WesternBelle Mon 27-Jul-09 22:46:13

I had this around the same time - is wierd feeling, was paranoid DS was having a fit in there because that's what it felt like. MW hadn't heard of it and asked if it was hiccups but it definitely wasn't (he got those too and the sensation is completely different).

Anyway, DS is absolutely fine in every way (6mo now) so I wouldn't worry (easier said than done I know but haven't heard of any problems in those who have experienced it.

mummyto2boys Tue 28-Jul-09 00:03:50

i have had this with my ds1 (a now happy and perfectly healthy 5 yr old) the midwife had never heard of it before.

since then i have heard loads of women mention it and nothing has come of it. i might see if i can do some further research again, but i never have found out what it was! (and i too was paranoid that he was having some kind of fit!)

Southwind Tue 28-Jul-09 09:33:29

Thanks everyone for replying. Im glad nobody seems to have had any serious issues with bubbas because of it smile

Longtalljosie - that link made me laugh and shudder.....to think he could be having a pee shock LOL

mogend77 Tue 28-Jul-09 09:45:08

Tis the startle reflex being practised (the one that makes them suddenly fling their legs/arms about when they are newborns). Nothing to worry about. Very odd sensation though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now