Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Using Reflexology to find out gender ....

(18 Posts)
Tillyscoutsmum Mon 27-Jul-09 13:41:43

I just wondered whether anyone else had heard of this ?

I went for a facial whilst on holiday last week and the therapist (who was very "new age") reckoned she could be 95% certain of the gender of my baby by looking/feeling a certain place on my foot hmm

FWIW, she reckons it a girl. I have a 20 week scan on Thursday so hope to find out then

If I try and explain where on your foot to look, does anyone want to try it ? It would be interesting to see if it works for anyone who already knows the gender as well

olivo Mon 27-Jul-09 13:44:05

i'd like to try it, even though i dont know what i'm having. only a few weeks to go though!

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 27-Jul-09 13:47:40

Ok - its a bit on the inside of your feet, just above the heel

map here

Its the bit that relates to the bladder and apparently if the left foot is more prominent than the right, then it is a boy and if the right is more prominent, then it is a girl. My right side is definitely firmer when I press it

What do you reckon ??

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 27-Jul-09 13:48:32

sure link works ?

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 27-Jul-09 13:52:41

link doesn't work for some reason but the second one across on here shows you where it is

olivo Mon 27-Jul-09 15:33:59

ok, i think my right is a little bit firmer. am intrigued now as i have been thinking 'boy' all alon gbut have many 'girl' symptoms. I will report back when s/he arrives but let me know when you've had your scan!

Claire236 Mon 27-Jul-09 18:49:32

My left is firmer & I'm having a boy so worked for me

MrsHappy Mon 27-Jul-09 19:11:20

I think it sticks out more on my left foot, but the scan said this baby is a girl.
Repeat scan on Sat though so I shall get them to have another look and let you know!

Weegle Mon 27-Jul-09 19:13:49

how far along are you? I'm only 14.5 weeks but with identical twins and I can't tell any difference between either foot but not sure if I've got the right spot...

HeadFairy Mon 27-Jul-09 19:15:03

left side marginally firmer for me, but really marginally.... will find out in scan in three weeks time.

SoupDragon Mon 27-Jul-09 19:16:39

Well, there's a roughly 50% chance that she'll be right.

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 27-Jul-09 20:40:34

Mine left side looks puffier but the right side is actually firmer when you press it hmm. Hopefully only 3 days until I find out grin

olivo - good luck with everything - definitely come back and tell us if its right

Milliemuffin Mon 27-Jul-09 22:28:14

Mine feel the same sad was really hoping then as DP doesn't want to find out but I do! We're planning to decorate our 2nd bedroom for DS to move into for november time and I can't decide on blue furniture or neutral!

oldboiler Mon 27-Jul-09 22:49:17

Mine feel the same on both side too but would love to know the sex of my baby as i'm too impatient to wait. Anyone know of any old wives tales to guess the gender that actually seem to be true?

Milliemuffin Tue 28-Jul-09 10:44:15

I'd love to have a girl apart from the fact it must be so expensive to have one of each? A pink and a blue of everything? bedrooms/clothes? surely with 2 boys/2 girls it must be cheaper/easier or am I wrong? Mind you if we wanted an easy life we wouldn't be having kids in the first place! smile

SoupDragon Tue 28-Jul-09 12:02:06

"A pink and a blue of everything?" hmm

SoupDragon Tue 28-Jul-09 12:02:25

You are a marketing person's dream

Tillyscoutsmum Thu 30-Jul-09 14:29:17

Well, in my case, it was rubbish (as anticipated)

According to my scan this morning, it is very much a boy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now