Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Show / mucous plug?

(5 Posts)
lastboxoftampons Mon 27-Jul-09 11:14:28

Sorry if TMI!
This morning when I wiped I had some bloody mucous and then there were two small-ish clots (I'm 40+3). Are there supposed to be clots? is that bad?

thoroughlypissedoff Mon 27-Jul-09 11:21:21

Not sure about clots per se, but there was definitely blood and quite a lot of mucous - as in I literally had to pull it out of me. Sorry I know that sounds really gross - but just want to explain blush!

Northumberlandlass Mon 27-Jul-09 12:47:07

Hello, mine very similar to thoroughlypissedoff - bloody mucus. AND there seemed to be an awful lot, about the size of the palm of my hand.

I would say that it is definitely your 'show'.
x

LuluMaman Mon 27-Jul-09 12:49:28

sounds like a show and some blood loss is ok, i would give labour ward a call and let them know you have had a bloody show, as the blood can be a sign of dilation

bevlin Mon 27-Jul-09 12:53:22

lastboxoftampons My show was similar to yours, a show of blood and mucous and a bit clotty! I had it on the sunday morning and gave birth on Monday morning!! Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now