Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Being admitted in morning for observation, C Section in 2 weeks

(10 Posts)
Ryn Sun 26-Jul-09 16:42:55

God help me! DD2 in transverse and not moving into position so I am being taken in and being kept there for 2 whole weeks! will miss dd1 (2 and a half) dreadfully!!

any words of encouragement..... 2 weeks on a maternity ward with no baby is filling me with dread.

any good tips?

all appreciated!

DaisymooSteiner Sun 26-Jul-09 16:51:28

Earplugs
Earplugs (yes, I have said that twice, take a spare set just in case!)
Books
Nice snacks
Encourage lots of visitors
I'd do lots of knitting personally

timmette Sun 26-Jul-09 16:53:30

Well this was also my ds transverse unstable lie - and they suggested admitting me for the last 2 weeks and I refused and stayed at home - still had the c section but there was no way I was sitting there for 2 weeks and they said ok.

Bleatblurt Sun 26-Jul-09 16:53:44

I had 2 weeks in before my c-section (though I didn't have a medical reason really it was more peace of mind) and it was lovely to sleep, sleep, eat a bit, sleep a bit more, have a nap then get in a bit more sleep. wink

Ryn Sun 26-Jul-09 16:59:50

I am thinking that the rest might help aid a quicker recovery.....as life is quite tough with a toddler at home!

I have an aversion to hospital food so have all potential visitors primed to bring in food parcels.

will miss DD1 dreadfully though, DP having to take leave from work to care for her.

Am trying to think positively and seeing it as a chance to relax but ....................

Bleatblurt Sun 26-Jul-09 17:02:21

Have you got an ipod that you can upload loads of films and telly shows to? If not then I'd definitely recommend one. Then you aren't stuck either paying a fortune for the t.v. or watching what everyone else wants to on a tiny telly in the corner that you can't see anyway as the sun is shining on it!

Ryn Sun 26-Jul-09 17:08:38

Just really dreading what I will be sharing a ward with! I know that sounds really bad biut I dont 'do' the general public (not a snob just like who i like).......they wont give me my own room as for emergencies!

Last time i was in for DD1 i had to stare up a newly stretched 'foofy' belonging to the woman opposite for 3 whole days as she flashed it quite proudly, refusing to wear knickers!!!!

needless to say my curtains were permanently closed (unlike hers hee hee)

timmette Sun 26-Jul-09 17:09:17

Oh you see I kind of thought the opposite that the last thing I would get would be rest after being in for a day now and then - but you may well be right and get lots of rest - I hope so.

Bleatblurt Sun 26-Jul-09 17:23:25

I was lucky and apart from the first afternoon I had my own room. But tbh by the end (and I was in 10 days AFTER my c-section too) I was wishing for some company!

Though possibly not enough to want to be sharing a ward with a foofy showing woman! shock grin

bevlin Mon 27-Jul-09 13:37:03

Ryn Foofy is a new word to me - but it works! What a nightmare. Id just suggest you make sure DP brings DD in every day to see you if possible and you make that time just for her, ie have games ready to play with her and make it fun. That way it will ease the guilt and she will know you are safely in hospital and can be seen everyday. Get DP to phone you on mobile or bed phone (if you have one) everynight to say 'goodnight, see you tomorrow'. You will still cry though, PG Hormones, no choice! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now