Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BMI of 34 .... Will this affect when you feel the baby move!!!

(9 Posts)
threeplusone Sat 25-Jul-09 09:17:38

I have a body mass index of 34.. I am 11weeks so know there is a good few more weeks till Iwill feel baby anyway.. But being big does this affect when you feel the baby move!!!
I cant remember when I felt the other three move and since having my first nearly 13yrs ago I have never been small!!

But at scan yesterday I realised just how fat I am sure that is whatis all around the baby on the piccie am going to make a consious effort to try and lose weight...

hunniesugarplum Sat 25-Jul-09 09:32:38

well i am also large although my i dont know my BMI i am 5"8 and was 18.2 when i fell pg. on the upside i have lost weight (am 26+2 now) currently lost 18lb and hoping not to put any one so perhaps this will happen for you to? wrt moves, i must admit i didnt really start feeling much till about 24 weeks, and could only think it was cos im tubby.

remember to be careful if trying to diet in pg

BlackLetterDay Sat 25-Jul-09 10:02:29

My BMI is erm higher than yours lol and it's never affected feeling movement. Felt dd at around 18 weeks (1st) ds around 16 weeks (2nd) and current bun about the same (16 weeks). I'm 25 weeks today and the baby often does the rumba, causing my belly to throw shapes, can't really see how it would tbh, unless I had a fat uterus hmm grin

hunniesugarplum Sat 25-Jul-09 10:20:23

ohh thats poo then, i was blaming my chub n my baby is just really lazy! grin

BlackLetterDay Sat 25-Jul-09 10:35:48

maybe you have an anterior placenta hunnie, think that can cushion movements.

hunniesugarplum Sat 25-Jul-09 10:54:54

ha ha that'll be just my luck! when i went for 20 week scan they said my placenta was blocking birth canal and have to be rescanned at 32 weeks to check its moved for vaginal birth, is that what anterior is? i am feeling a few movements, and have seen a few, would like to feel more tho {greedy emoticon}!!

Laui59 Sat 25-Jul-09 18:02:21

Hey i had anterior one on last pregnancy,. means plaenta is on the front of your belly... hence you don't feel as much movement.. i only ever felt bub at sides never saw feet or again so really hoping for a posterior one on this pregnancy, only 7 wks so bit to go yet!! lol

HappyTangerine Sat 25-Jul-09 18:38:02

I'm another one with a BMI of 34(well it was at the start) and this is my first. Started feeling movement at 17 weeks. Now 31 weeks and baby is kicking hell out of me, especially at night (trying to prepare me for when he's born maybe?wink). The BMI has never affected how much movement I've felt. You'll have time enough to diet after the baby is born, just concentrate on eating and feeling well now.

threeplusone Sat 25-Jul-09 21:21:07

Thank you all for your replies..I cant wait to start feeling the baby move I know this is defo my last as DH had the snip 2 days prior to me gettingthe BFP.. SO I really am going to cherish the baby moving as I think it is one of the best feelings in the world..
Thank you all once again xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now