Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

not sure if im pregnant

(10 Posts)
Laura05 Fri 24-Jul-09 19:08:20

hi there need some advice if you don't mind sharing.
I'm not sure if i'm pregnant or not! (sonuds a bit daft i know!)
I constantly feel like i'm going to throw up, i feel dizzy and light-headed now and again, my breasts are extremely sensitive and sore (especially round the nipples) and i have stomach cramps!
Took a pregnancy test yesterday which was negative and was at GP today (other reasons) and mentioned my symptoms and he said the over the counter tests are pretty accurate but wait a few days and re-test.
Im on the pill and dont get any bleeds (or symptoms of a period) so i'm unsure if maybe its just one of these freaky moments when my body decided to stick two fingers up and confuse me!

Would appreciate any advice!

lambanana Fri 24-Jul-09 19:21:25

Do you know your cycle?

Have you had sex?

Did you use contraception?

I think you can get false negatives but not false positives.

When is your period due?

I would wait for a couple of weeks after your missed period and then test.

Laura05 Fri 24-Jul-09 19:24:38

I dont really have a cycle because im on the pill ive been on it for years and never had any problems with it. As i said i dont get any bleeds or anything so that's why im unsure if its just the pill im on playing up or if im pregnant

lambanana Fri 24-Jul-09 19:27:20

Oh right. Have you been the Dr's about having no cycle? I was on the pill for years but still had a v light bleed which was regular as clockwork each month.

I don't know what to suggest really.

Maybe try the Conception topic?

Laura05 Fri 24-Jul-09 19:34:09

The doctors know i have no cycle they said thats there's a small minority of people who dont get any bleeds or any period symptoms and i fit into that catergory unfortunately.

Laura05 Fri 24-Jul-09 19:52:17

anyone else got some advice/suggestions??

mogend77 Fri 24-Jul-09 19:59:53

I would test again in a few days if you can bear to wait!

Laura05 Fri 24-Jul-09 20:03:28

yeah i think im going to have to re-test. i'll wait a few days then do it. question is shall i drink this weekend or not grin

mogend77 Fri 24-Jul-09 20:05:12

I vote one or two glasses but don't overdo it.

Laura05 Mon 27-Jul-09 20:34:39

has anyone else got any opinions??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now