Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38 weeks, 2 year old, 5 year old, schools are out and it's raining - tips please!!

(6 Posts)
CoonRapids Fri 24-Jul-09 16:44:26

Help - tips and support wanted for the above predicament. At the moment I just want to go to bed and wake up when it's all over!!! Kids are bored and grumpy, it's raining, have no energy and the house is like a bomb hit it. Have no idea whether hospital bag has everything I need in it, haven't visited the hospital since last there nearly 3 years ago, can't remember any of the stuff about parking arrangements etc. etc. Help, or anyone the same boat?!

mafog Fri 24-Jul-09 23:37:29

yes me, even down to the DC's ages! Except I'm only 35 weeks.

My only tip ATM is to dream of quaffing a large glass of champagne and a large wodge of toasted goats cheese when it's all over. But that's not very practical or helpful.

Gromit78 Sat 25-Jul-09 14:17:05

My advice would be 'get some help'. Either drop kids off at a relative's house or pay for a child carer for the mornings until you have had the baby. At least you will have 5 mornings a week to tidy up, prepare for the birth and rest, than in the afternoons you may have enough energy to play games with your kids.

If this is too difficult than perhaps you could make a game of tidying up or shopping with the children. I plan to take the Mary Poppins approach to parenting - not the magic alas, but the idea that in every job there is an element of fun in it and if you find the fun, then snap the job's a game.

Confuzzeled Sat 25-Jul-09 14:33:16

I have a 2yo and am 36 weeks.

I have cut long sheets of parcel paper and stuck them together. It covers most of the sitting room floor, dd has a box of pens and it's kept her busy for hours.

olivo Sat 25-Jul-09 18:13:25

I'm afraid i have turned to nick jr as my babysitter. I am 35 wks with a 3yo. i also gave dd a bag of baby toys that we had got down from the loft, they kept her amused fpr a good while.
the only other tactic is to invite as many people here to play, with their mums/dads, one at a time; safety in numbers, i say!
good luck!

suwoo Sat 25-Jul-09 18:35:10

I am having a c section in 5 days. I have a 7 year old and a 2.7 year old and feel like I have lost the will to live most days grin.

I am more worried about after I get home TBH, although dragging my mahoosive bump around is problematic.

I don't have any family nearby or childcare. DH does a bit when he gets in, but not much.

I have tried to do something everyday. The most successful task was the playdoh making. We made it ourselves and they did play with it for a fair while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now