Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone dreamed about meeting their baby?

(11 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 23-Jul-09 08:59:24

I did, last night! It was very very real indeed.

I shall copy the post I just put in my ante-natal thread.

Tell me your stories too!

I met him. My little boy. I gave birth, which I remember enough detail of to know it was real in my dream but not enough to dwell on it. I then carried him everywhere for a couple of days, attached to me. I recall breastfeeding him for the first time, then every few hours afterwards. I recall him waking for a feed and that amazing realisation that I did have another baby. He remember all the feelings that I felt and it was all wonderful. I also recall telling everyone his name, which is the name DH and I are considering, in the dream is was very matter of fact, that was his name, end of story, but no middle name decided, which is true! I remember texting people to tell them he had been born, and I remember his weight! (5lb 10oz) which I was pleased about as it was more than DD and meant I did not have to stay in hospital.

The only thing that made it a little less real was that he spoke once, in a baby voice, said 'cuddle' and 'milk' .

But I loved him. And now I feel I know him a bit better. How weird is that?!!! I wonder if it is because I had some anxieties over how I would feel as I have felt so crap about the pg over the last few months.

DjangoTheDjinn Thu 23-Jul-09 09:03:35

Yup, dreamt meeting dd. Didn't know she was a dd then either. Very vivid and overwhelming.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 23-Jul-09 09:05:48

it is vivid isn't it? I even heard his cry, and his smelt his baby smell (can't remember that though now!).

MamaLazarou Thu 23-Jul-09 10:07:58

Yes, lots. In my dreams he is always a boy (though once he was a kitten) and his name is always something beginning with 'L'. The dreams are always lovely, except for one, in which my DH left me and the baby was taken away from me by Social Services and eventually adopted by my sister, who wouldn't let me see him. sad

PracticalCat Thu 23-Jul-09 15:39:10

With DS, when I was about 7 weeks pregnant, I had a vivid dream about walking in the street outside our house with a lovely sleeping baby dressed in blue in a sling. In my dream, I went to chat to the neighbours across the road.

From then I knew it was a boy and I knew it would be okay (I'd had a ms before). After he was born, there was a dreamy day where I first walked out with him and the same neighbours (who I didn't really know) happened to be outside and called me over for a chat. I'd forgotten the dream by then, but it felt like it had been a kind of premonition (sure, very ordinary details).

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 23-Jul-09 15:44:48

Had a few dreams that the scan showed I was having rabbits and not a baby hmm hmm grin

ilovecrispsandwiches Thu 23-Jul-09 16:25:28

eek scary scan dream ilovemydogandmrobama grin

i had a weird dream last week before i got my positive test. i dreamt i had a baby (no idea about it being born etc, it looked a few months old already)

all i remember was coming back to my car (i don't even drive!] and finding i had left my baby in the car and it was a baking hot day and i just got there before he baked. not nice! but interesting anyway because i dreamt of getting a bfp a few days later too.
i will do my utmost to never leave my baby in a car, i promise! smile

ilovecrispsandwiches Thu 23-Jul-09 16:27:02

oops it seems that 'dreamt' is not even a word blush

EachPeachPearMum Thu 23-Jul-09 16:37:30

Last night DD (3.5) dreamt about babies... except she was gluing rice to their heads in a shop hmm

grin

I did once dream about a future baby... but it was so disturbing I cannot bring myself to think about it, let alone type it. I hope to goodness it never, ever comes true sad

raggie Fri 24-Jul-09 20:58:19

Hi Pavlov I must have missed your dream post on the antenatal thread!

I dream about my little girl quite a lot and like others have said was before I knew she was a girl but made me feel so close and happy and like everything was going to be just wonderful.

Ah, dreams!

PS dreamt is a word! The only word in the English language that ends in 'amt' fact-boffins! (Sorry, geeky primary school teacher coming out in me blush)

skihorse Fri 24-Jul-09 22:16:56

I dreamt that the baby I lost last month I meet "in heaven" when he is an adult... which gives me eeeeeek 24 years left! shock wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now