Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

any ideas what's up with me??!

(7 Posts)
biggernow Wed 22-Jul-09 18:25:41

hellooo.
any ideas...
i am 22 weeks preg with 2nd and have a nearly 2 year old full on little man...with first pregnancy I had huge energy 16 weeks to 32 weeks (before and after this surge felt like I do now pretty much)....so here are my symptoms.
I am exhausted EXHAUSTED
I am achy
I have dreadful wind.
I am breathless and a bit tight chested/very slightly dizzy sometimes
I am VERY emotional

Oh and DS has a cough but is perky as ever and has no fever.

I have no fever, no cold and my iron levels are fine, Doc said chest sounds fine, blood pressure fine my diet is good and I drink loads of water and get lots of air.

I have energy to do stuff but have to rest more so not my usual self at all. I felt better a week ago.

What is going on? Due to fly Sat away for a MUCH needed sunny week with DH and DS and WANT to feel better.

Trust it isn't swine flu, but with all mixed reports I just don't know.

Doc done blood tests to check Iron again etc.........

Could it just be a very different pregnancy??

ANY IDEAS PEOPLE??!XX

HappyBump Wed 22-Jul-09 18:27:48

you sound like you are pregnant grin with a toddler... you sound like you deserve your break.

Spoo Wed 22-Jul-09 18:36:47

I would suggest checking your iron but you are already doing this. I know this doesn't help but every pregnancy is different and you do have a toddler to contend with.

RorysRacingMa Wed 22-Jul-09 18:41:32

I too was going to suggest being anaemic, but running after a toddler does leave one exhausted, says she running after a 13mth old and a 3 yr old and 32 weeks pg.

I have also just had a hideous cold where i had a tight chest and felt very wheezy at times, hideous headache for 2 weeks continually, which paracetemol did little to shift. I saw my GP for my 31 week check and he discounted it as SF as i didn't have a fever/temperature.

Just a diff pg i'd say.

funtimewincies Wed 22-Jul-09 19:04:49

Are you me biggernow grin? I'm also 22 weeks and I haven't been able to stop blubbing today, simply because I had to give up the potty-training (after 2 months), admit defeat and put ds back into pullups sad.

The only thing that I can suggest is cake.

biggernow Wed 22-Jul-09 19:37:58

Ah, grand. Cake is of course an excellent suggestion.

Good to know it isn't just me.

Yes, I was wondering about Swine but have no fever and am basically ok- just this teary breathless already enormous exhausted tight chested veiny boobed stretch marked woman..........

Ah pregnancy.... this one is a girl- so diff from last preg.

I just HOPE I don't wake tomorrow with fever and won't be able to go away. DH needs holls SO badly and I so want to get away too. DS cough not nice- so hope he doesn't get ill either. Am a big worried mess.......

thanks for your replies. any more out there- just love reading others experiences...

funtimewincies Wed 22-Jul-09 19:42:33

Oooh, I don't know what variety mine is. I was fairly cream crackered with ds but I was doing a very full-on job. This time I'm a SAHM with a toddler. I think on balance work was easier!

Hope that you get away and have a lovely time grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now