Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

When does the tiredness go away?

(13 Posts)
pootle09 Wed 22-Jul-09 17:16:58

I'm just over 19 weeks now and the sickness is much better (tho' not completely gone) but I'm still knackered. Thank god my son still naps in the day so I sleep when he does for an hour or two, but I'm still tired in spite of the nap. When will I have more energy? Will I EVER have more energy? I'm fed up of it.

Tigresswoods Wed 22-Jul-09 17:19:15

Oh no, this is not giving me much hope (8 weeks!)

Picante Wed 22-Jul-09 17:20:00

I haven't bloomed in either of my pg. It's a complete myth. Sorry!

MrsMattie Wed 22-Jul-09 17:20:38

Hmmm. I was permanently tired with my first pregnancy. With my second, I had a window of energy between 22-32 weeks, and then it all went down hill again...

MrsMattie Wed 22-Jul-09 17:21:39

Should say, that 'window' was when hyperemesis ended, but before I found out I had obstetric cholestasis...so I bloody deserved it!

pootle09 Wed 22-Jul-09 17:24:55

Gah.

I thought that might be the case. I was trying to remember back to my first pregnancy - I think I had a window of energy for a few weeks in the middle, but I was hoping it might be different for this one.

I guess some of us bloom and some of us don't.

Confuzzeled Wed 22-Jul-09 17:30:49

In answer to the title of this thread -

NEVER..........

But I'm only saying that because I'm almost 36 weeks and at the clawing baby out with bare hands stage.

My dd is 2.4yo and no longer naps so I don't get to nap either. But I did have a bit of a boost between about 22 and 32 weeks. Well, I say boost, but I mean I wasn't falling asleep in the middle of dd's tea parties.

Don't worry your almost half way and I think my second pregnancy has gone much faster than my first, soon you'll be running after 2 squeakers

madmissy Wed 22-Jul-09 17:38:54

when the kids move out grin

Picante Wed 22-Jul-09 17:58:32

I did feel a bit better for about an hour last Friday if that's any help.

tootiredtothink Wed 22-Jul-09 18:00:08

My kids are 10 and 4 - still bloody exhausted!!!

pootle09 Wed 22-Jul-09 18:28:42

Actually, thinking about it, the last time I really had energy was before I became pregnant the first time!

rubyslippers Wed 22-Jul-09 18:30:06

i had a good (ish) second trimester

am now 29 weeks, working FT and have a 3 year old

most days i could weep with tiredness

sorry ...

HappyTangerine Wed 22-Jul-09 19:37:44

I'm still waiting to bloom as well, am 30 weeks now with my first pg and time seems to be really dragging. I think I last had energy at weeks 22-27 but I'm so tired now I can't remember...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: