Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When does the tiredness go away?

(13 Posts)
pootle09 Wed 22-Jul-09 17:16:58

I'm just over 19 weeks now and the sickness is much better (tho' not completely gone) but I'm still knackered. Thank god my son still naps in the day so I sleep when he does for an hour or two, but I'm still tired in spite of the nap. When will I have more energy? Will I EVER have more energy? I'm fed up of it.

Tigresswoods Wed 22-Jul-09 17:19:15

Oh no, this is not giving me much hope (8 weeks!)

Picante Wed 22-Jul-09 17:20:00

I haven't bloomed in either of my pg. It's a complete myth. Sorry!

MrsMattie Wed 22-Jul-09 17:20:38

Hmmm. I was permanently tired with my first pregnancy. With my second, I had a window of energy between 22-32 weeks, and then it all went down hill again...

MrsMattie Wed 22-Jul-09 17:21:39

Should say, that 'window' was when hyperemesis ended, but before I found out I had obstetric cholestasis...so I bloody deserved it!

pootle09 Wed 22-Jul-09 17:24:55

Gah.

I thought that might be the case. I was trying to remember back to my first pregnancy - I think I had a window of energy for a few weeks in the middle, but I was hoping it might be different for this one.

I guess some of us bloom and some of us don't.

Confuzzeled Wed 22-Jul-09 17:30:49

In answer to the title of this thread -

NEVER..........

But I'm only saying that because I'm almost 36 weeks and at the clawing baby out with bare hands stage.

My dd is 2.4yo and no longer naps so I don't get to nap either. But I did have a bit of a boost between about 22 and 32 weeks. Well, I say boost, but I mean I wasn't falling asleep in the middle of dd's tea parties.

Don't worry your almost half way and I think my second pregnancy has gone much faster than my first, soon you'll be running after 2 squeakers

madmissy Wed 22-Jul-09 17:38:54

when the kids move out grin

Picante Wed 22-Jul-09 17:58:32

I did feel a bit better for about an hour last Friday if that's any help.

tootiredtothink Wed 22-Jul-09 18:00:08

My kids are 10 and 4 - still bloody exhausted!!!

pootle09 Wed 22-Jul-09 18:28:42

Actually, thinking about it, the last time I really had energy was before I became pregnant the first time!

rubyslippers Wed 22-Jul-09 18:30:06

i had a good (ish) second trimester

am now 29 weeks, working FT and have a 3 year old

most days i could weep with tiredness

sorry ...

HappyTangerine Wed 22-Jul-09 19:37:44

I'm still waiting to bloom as well, am 30 weeks now with my first pg and time seems to be really dragging. I think I last had energy at weeks 22-27 but I'm so tired now I can't remember...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now