Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So I am bloated at 4 1/2 weeks and look 6 months gone ...

(9 Posts)
sheeplikessleep Wed 22-Jul-09 15:55:58

... I know it's just water retention and wind blush, but is it likely to stay like this until I start to 'show'?

I can't remember from dc1, but I feel so round tummied at the moment!

<Sits with jeans zip undone>

Any advice as to how I can reduce the water retention? If that's what it is?

Thanks

GiraffeAHolic Wed 22-Jul-09 15:58:01

If it's bloating from trapped air you could try hot peppermint cordial

sheeplikessleep Wed 22-Jul-09 16:03:35

To be honest, I don't know what it is! I am eating more as I'm ravenous and I am quite burpy, so that's what I'm putting it down to. But I've not got indigestion.
I've got a hen weekend this weekend and I'm already going with the 'my son isn't well, so i'm driving back to be there for him tonight' line. With my round football of a tummy, there's going to be no believing me! Mind you, haven't seen some of them for a while, they'll probably just think I've let myself go grin

CarGirl Wed 22-Jul-09 16:07:46

twins?????????????????

anyhow I got fat very very quickly with my subsequent pregnancies I could tell immediately but it didn't expand much beyond that for quite a while IYSWIM.

barbie1 Wed 22-Jul-09 16:09:13

im the same...i bloat more as the day goes on....from a size 8 on waking to a 6 month pregnancy by 7pm blush The doctor recommended peppermint tea and lay off the bread etc etc, however nothing seems to work...im 10 weeks now and just resigned myself to the fact i have to be in the house by 3pm before i blow up too much! grin

suwoo Wed 22-Jul-09 16:11:40

I was like this with my second and third babies, some pics on profile. I found bread was a massive culprit and I could go substantially smaller if I cut it out....that didn't last long though grin

sheeplikessleep Wed 22-Jul-09 16:17:40

oh no, don't scare me cargirl - gulp!
i'll definitely try the peppermint tea. i don't know why, but i thought peppermint tea wasn't good during pregnancy? don't know where i heard that from or if it's something i've made up in my own head grin
i'll try cutting back on bread too, but as i'm so hungry, all i fancy at the moment are carbs! (and bread is so easy for a nice bit of toast!)
thanks for posting.

blondieminx Wed 22-Jul-09 16:23:23

and don't forget that you are always more concious of these things yourself than anyone else is - at this early stage, they're more likely to think you've had a few good dinners grin - just concentrate on sorting your outfit out for the big night!

HeadFairy Wed 22-Jul-09 16:25:26

I was exactly the same, I went on holiday to see my FIL when I was 5 weeks gone and I was sure they'd guess because I looked so huge. I was in mat jeans already. It did go down a bit by about 7 weeks, but by about 9 weeks I was in the mat jeans again (was able to wear other types of trousers, but not non-mat jeans)

I assumed my huge tummy was down to wind, I was really windy. Have been all through this pregnancy, terrible farts blush!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now