Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Overdue and period type cramps

(5 Posts)
shiney01 Wed 22-Jul-09 14:15:41

I'm 40+6 and have been having period type cramps for the past couple of days which get worse at night. This morning I had a very small amount of blood (phoned the hospital and they said it's due to the change in the cervix). Has anyone else had this? It can be quite uncomfortable. Is it a sign of the onset of labour or am I just being hopeful?

TwoJobsOneManOneBump Wed 22-Jul-09 14:20:53

sounds promising - bit of blood could be your mucus plug from your cervix, so it's ready to start opening up, labour will be when the cramps will build in intensity and last a few minutes (prob different for everyone). Guessing this is your first as (like me) you don't really know what to expect!

I'm 40+3 but not feeling anything other than very wriggly baby quite happy where he/she is. Come on over to the antenatal group for July due dates and let us know when it happens! Good luck

norktasticninja Wed 22-Jul-09 14:21:32

Sounds quite hopeful to me smile

I had period type pains with both pregnancies in the days before I went into labour it was followed by stabbing pains in my cervix in the 24-36ish hours before labour actually began.

I didn't have a show until the pushing stage either time though.

Klaw Wed 22-Jul-09 14:22:58

Yep, labour is imminent, could be today tomorrow, or in a week...

but all these signs are proof that your body is preparing to labour. Exciting!!!!

Gentle exercise and early nights, warm baths and massgaes from dh/dp, watch comedies as laughing is GOOD! enjoy your favourite meals and the twilight of your pg, baby WILL be here soon.

Klaw Wed 22-Jul-09 14:24:38

oh and btw, you're not overdue till 42+1. Babies arrive anytime within 37 to 42wks. 40 weeks is just an average. You're not average! winksmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now