Talk

Advanced search

Chicken pox???

(8 Posts)
AnotherHelen Sat 21-May-05 14:34:59

Hiya everyone! my best friends little girl has got chicken pox! we see them most days so i know the chances of my 2 boys catching it is high, but i was wondering if there was any chance of it being dangerous to this baby? im 22 weeks and i have had chicken pox, but wether or not it can cause problems in pregnancy is something i never thought about until now! - dont want to start stressing out unless i need too! xxx

sparklymieow Sat 21-May-05 14:37:00

I think that because you have had CP you would be fine, I think it can only effect the baby if contracted by you in the first and last few weeks...

foxd Sat 21-May-05 14:42:11

Agree with sparklymiaow, though if your worried contact your midwife or doctor.

sparklymieow Sat 21-May-05 14:43:59

look link\{http://www.lenvalleypractice.co.uk/chicken%20pox.htm\here} it says you will be fine...

sparklymieow Sat 21-May-05 14:44:25

here

AnotherHelen Sat 21-May-05 14:49:49

Oh thankyou sparklymieow! feel abit silly not knowing anyhting about chicken pox with 2 small children! neway glad things should be ok - thanks again! xxx

sparklymieow Sat 21-May-05 14:52:28

its ok, my girls have Chicken pox atm and my DS had it two week ago, so I read up a lot on the net..

sommer2000 Sat 21-May-05 21:49:26

If you have had chickenpox you should be ok but to be safe se GP/midwife who can check a bloodtest to make sure you are immune same thing happen to me when pregnant with DS1(3).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now