Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Should i worry about the laptop?!!

(5 Posts)
MummyElk Tue 21-Jul-09 23:54:06

Ridiculous I know but I do spend quite a lot of time with said laptop on my lap....
am 7 wks pg with DC2.. occurred to me last week perhaps i should take more care? Cushion? Table? Not sure I had a laptop with DD so didn't think about it
Thoughts please?

Cosette Wed 22-Jul-09 00:09:21

laptops can get quite hot particularly underneath, so yes, I'd be inclined to use a cushion or something to reduce the heat direct to your stomach. I doubt it would affect the baby at this stage, but it may later on? Bit like taking care to not have too hot a bath.

mrswee Wed 22-Jul-09 11:01:32

I have looked this up too as I seem to be joined to my laptop at all times!
As cosette says it's only really the heat on your belly that could be a worry.

Also it does do your back in a bit having it on your lap and you have to be extra careful with your back while pregnant... or you just get really sore.

so on both counts raising it with a cushion or even better sitting at a table is probably better.

I use mine on the arm of the sofa because it is wide enough.

MummyElk Wed 22-Jul-09 18:53:16

ah thanks ladies....tbh i hadn't actually thought about the heat, it was more weird computery waves and if they harmed bambino in there...
thank you. [phew i don't have to completely give up my laptop] blush

tostaky Thu 23-Jul-09 07:32:31

i had a friend who stop using wi-fi at home full stop and i have been known to unplug the wi-fi at night only at home too. then again we both sleep with our blavkberry next to the bed so i dont know if that is any good either...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now