Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rasberry leaf tea bags ?

(10 Posts)
loganberry12 Tue 21-Jul-09 17:00:41

Are the tea bags as effective as the loose tea? brought some today and everyone said it tastes horrid but to me its quite pleasent tastes of rasberrys then i thought maybe its because they are bags and not loose tea therfore not so effective???

GinaFordAteMyBaby Tue 21-Jul-09 17:13:15

I would assume it's the same stuff in the bags - just a bit more convenient. I don't think the tea tastes half bad at all and find it pretty easy to drink and I have the loose stuff.

babyball Tue 21-Jul-09 22:35:54

It tastes quite nice to me. No different from normal fruit herbal teas. I tend to leave my bag in the cup until I finish, therefore infusing it as much as possible. I started drinking it at 32 weeks. I have just moved on to two cups a day at 36 weeks. Have any MNers had success or not?

mrswee Tue 21-Jul-09 22:39:10

My loose tea tastes ok to me but nothing like fruit herbal tea or raspberries! more like green tea or nettle tea. I could see why people wouldn't like it.

I wonder if yours has some fruit in too to make it a bit nicer

mrsradders Wed 22-Jul-09 11:28:50

oh i love the tea think it tastes great i leave the bag in too.

I used it from 32 weeks with both my previous babys and had very short 2nd stage labours 11 mins pushing with one and 17 mins with the other!

they say it strnegthens and tones the uterous (and makes braxton hicks stronger)
so helps with this part of labour (can't say it brought labour on or sped the first part up.

i know people who didn't use it first time and had long 2nd stage used it second and had short so who knows!!!

good luck
xxx

HensMum Wed 22-Jul-09 11:32:40

I heard somewhere that the bags aren't as effective as they have other ingredients. The loose tea is just raspberry leaves.

mrsradders Wed 22-Jul-09 11:34:45

i have never seen the loose tea where has everyone bought theirs from?

HensMum Wed 22-Jul-09 11:43:46

I got mine from Neals Yard Remedies. Mail order so it cost a fortune. Am not convinced it actually did anything either, other than making me feel like I was doing something when I went overdue.

Picante Wed 22-Jul-09 12:11:02

Go to a herbalist. Much better quality tea and they can also mix it with other stuff - I've got mine mixed with something to help me make milk and peppermint to help morning sickness.

girlsyearapart Wed 22-Jul-09 12:28:15

Think all herbal tea tastes yuck and went off tea in general both times was pg so I got the r leaf tea tablets from holland and barrett. Don't know if it worked but had short labours both times and didn't go overdue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now