Talk

Advanced search

HCG levels and estimated gestation period - please reassure me

(6 Posts)
starkadder Tue 21-Jul-09 13:23:09

I think this is the kind of question that has been asked a million times...but I can't help myself...Sorry, and I hope someone can reassure me

I have very ireegular menstrual cycles. Last two were 45 days and 69 days respectively. Then I got pregnant. LMP was 19 May so, for someone with a normal cycle, that would make me about 8 weeks, right?

BUT since I have a long cycle, am I right in thinking that ovulation is always at the end of that cycle - i.e. 2 weeks before your period? So therefore I would now be only around 4-5 weeks?

I ask because - I am pregnant - had a positive test result one week ago. Went to doc yesterday for early scan and he found a massive cyst (have started separate threat about THAT!!) plus said baby was measuring 4-5 weeks.

Had HCG test done today and levels (according to the bit of paper they gave me) correspond to 4-5 weeks.

This is good news right?? Would it be possible for me to be 4-5 weeks pregnant and still have got a positive test result one week ago? Do you think I can relax??

Thank you for reading this ridiculously long and boring post...

starkadder Tue 21-Jul-09 13:23:47

PS - separate "thread". Not "threat". God! Freudian typo or what?!

Ladyem Tue 21-Jul-09 14:59:15

Hi!

Yes! Relax!!! grin

I got a positive test before 4 weeks with this pregnancy as my cycle is really short and so I was only about 3.5 weeks, so it is possible! Everything the Dr says also seems to tie in with the usual ovulating 2 weeks before your period theory, so I think you should relax and enjoy!!!

Congratulations!!! grin

starkadder Tue 21-Jul-09 18:37:05

Thanks Ladyem

DjangoTheDjinn Tue 21-Jul-09 18:40:07

Oh yes, luteal phase (time between ovulation and period) is generally between about 12 and 16 days so you probably ovulate very late in your cycle.

I got a positive test with dd 8 days after ovulating and 5 days before my period was due so about day 22 of my cycle.

Congratulations.

starkadder Tue 21-Jul-09 19:56:39

Thanks Django This is all making me feel MUCH better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now