Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sex....and not getting any

(6 Posts)
Firsttimer7259 Tue 21-Jul-09 11:34:25

So I am now pregnant for 12 weeks and my husband has not wanted to have sex since the BFP. During that time we have also gotten married and been on honeymoon.
Just writing that makes me feel really upset but maybe I am making too big a deal out of it?
Any answers?

itchyandscratchy Tue 21-Jul-09 11:42:32

Oh you poor thing. Have you tried talking to your dh about it? Some blokes can be a bit funny about sex with their pregnant partners: this can be a physical thing, e.g. they think they will harm the baby somehow with their huge penis hmm, which, in truth, goes absolutely nowhere near the baby's safe-haven and will in no way dislodge or harm it. Other blokes can get a bit squeamish about sex with a pregnant woman as they think it's a bit.. well, wrong. Again, hmm

But the best thing you can do is chat to him and find out what's going on then you can make it right for the 2nd trimester which can make you as horny as hell and you'll need sex on tap!

Olga1 Tue 21-Jul-09 11:47:32

Hi Firstimer-I can relate, we were a few weeks pregnant when we got married and because I was experiencing spotting we were told to avoid sex-so pretty much no sex on honeymoon. It is such a precious time and when I said to my hubby I wasn't made of glass his reply was 'but you are at the moment pretty much' which made me realize that he was so worried about doing something that might harm the baby. There will be a time when you will have sex again and I think being pregnant is so special that you want to feel close and express that love, and so difficult when you can't for whatever reasons. Rest assured you will have great sex again soon! Hang in there!

Firsttimer7259 Tue 21-Jul-09 12:00:30

Sadly, its not about the baby so much as that I think my DH feels overwhelmed by it all.
I wish we would at least do something sensual/sexual even if not penetrative sex. I feel totally de-sexed at the moment. Its also making me angry and resentful whcih doesnt help

8oreighty Tue 21-Jul-09 12:05:29

totally know how you feel...best to try to talk about it, as it can be like that when the baby comes too...worth tackling it now? I had similar situatio and wish I had done something sooner...you don't want resentments to build up, and the longer you leave it, the harder it gets to be intimate again. It's just a phase and it will pass...you have to think of that too.

walkingwomb Tue 21-Jul-09 13:32:59

tell him an orgasm is actually really good for baby because...erm... it releases happy hormones which will make it a more rounded and intelligent human being. Therefore he should go down on you...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now