Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

relaxing, soothing music for giving birth?

(6 Posts)
Tiaxx31 Tue 21-Jul-09 09:57:23

Hiya
Does anyone know what is good to listen to while going to give birth as when i had my son 14 year ago the midwife put on soft whale music. I was wondering more like that indian pipe/flute soft,relaxing music you hear at the out side markets etc
Does anyone have any good ideas that will be nice and relaxing,calming to listen to & where i would get it from?
Many Thanks

Thandeka Tue 21-Jul-09 10:45:26

i like ludovico einaudi
& yann tiersen
and some hans zimmer.

itunes has them all.

ceebie Tue 21-Jul-09 16:12:11

My HypnoBirthing course recommended "Comfort Zone" by Steven Halpern. You can get it through the Amazon marketplace - I ordered it less than 3 weeks ago (cost £9.25 including P&P from Caiman_USA), and it arrived last week.

ExpositionDesMains Tue 21-Jul-09 16:13:44

I made a beautiful CD for labour. When it came to it I couldn't bear any noise and insisted on utter silence. What a waste.

alittlebitfat Tue 21-Jul-09 16:15:31

Bat out of hell...meatloaf?

SheWillBeLoved Tue 21-Jul-09 16:37:50

I've just put some Sigur Rós onto a CD to take with me, beautiful music and so relaxing. More 'background' music than music which makes you have to listen to it, will be nice to just have it on low in the background. Very easy listening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now