Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Large bleed after an internal scan

(17 Posts)
RetroMum1 Tue 21-Jul-09 08:53:47

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help or let me know if this is normal.

I had an early scan yesterday at 6+0 and there was yok and gestational sac but no heartbeat and the doctor thought it was to early however he was quite rough and it was painful. Aferwards I had a laege bright red bleed.

I am worried and upset because I hadn't been bleeding for over a week and then it was only tiny tiny amounts of brown blood and immediately after scan there was this big one. I know have period type cramps and lots more brown blood.

I have had internal scans before and they have never been painful and I haven't bled afterwards.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is this a certain MC?

NumptyMum Tue 21-Jul-09 09:20:56

I'm afraid I've no answer, but bumping for you as you must be so worried. Probably an idea to contact NHS24 or the place where you had early scan done? <<<hugs>>>.

rubyslippers Tue 21-Jul-09 09:22:10

any bleed should always be investigated especially if it is red (ie fresh blood)

i would call your GP ASAP or refer back to the hospital

have a <<squeeze>>

OracleInaCoracle Tue 21-Jul-09 09:23:44

i agree, call epu, they probably wont be able to scan you again but may be able to advise. when is your next scan due?

RetroMum1 Tue 21-Jul-09 09:27:29

I have another scan on Friday and your right there is no point in going for a scan again today as there wasn't a heartbeat last time so they wouldn't be able to tell me anything.

Friday just seems a long way away and I wish i hadn't had the scan as the bleeding had stopped.

JamieJay Tue 21-Jul-09 09:28:09

Contact the EPU again, having had a mc I know how easy it is to panic but this is not a certain mc, it could be fresh blood from your cervix if he knocked it being too rough, rather than from the baby.

my thoughts are with you.

JamieJay Tue 21-Jul-09 09:29:09

RetroMum1 - we cross posted. Glad the bleeding has stopped, try (impossible I know) to relax as much as possible between now and Friday.

RetroMum1 Tue 21-Jul-09 09:33:43

That's what I'm hoping JamieJay, not sure you got that last bit from the bleeding hasn't stopped it's just gone dark brown.

JamieJay Tue 21-Jul-09 09:39:56

Sorry, read the last sentance as 'has' rather than 'had'. But dark brown is good.

Sorry if it's to much information, but when I mc'd as soon as the fresh red blood started it just kept coming so going back to brown is better.

RetroMum1 Tue 21-Jul-09 09:42:40

That's what I ma hoping for, gosh your good at reassuring. Only thing is when I had MMC there was some dark brown then stopped for 2 weeks until ERPC!

But still holding onto your confidence. Thanks you.

JamieJay Tue 21-Jul-09 09:46:33

No wonder you're worried, but chin up and positive thoughts.

ZippysMum Tue 21-Jul-09 11:54:34

Hi Retro,
I had slight bleeding early on in 2 pregnancies that ended in early MC (at 7 and 9 weeks).

BUT, I had the biggest bleed of all at 8 weeks with this pregnancy (knew for sure I was miscarrying) - and I am now 29 weeks pg with healthy twins!

Hang in there - lots of women have bleeding - it doesn't have to be something sinister. Good friend of mine bled lots through 1st tri of all 3 of her pregnancies - and has 3 healthy, happy (noisy!) dc's!

RetroMum1 Tue 21-Jul-09 13:52:55

Thanks Zippysmum well fingers crossed and congratulations on twins!.

DH would love twins so fingers crossed thats what the bleed is the egg splitting in 2!!

Arcadie Tue 21-Jul-09 14:37:19

Hi Retro - glad you're getting some good advice on here.... sorry we weren't as much help on AN! Still really hoping we'll still be chatting in March!!

RetroMum1 Thu 23-Jul-09 17:09:12

Hi

Just to update you I went for an emergency scan today due to the amount of blood and there was a baby and heartbeat!.

Very pleased and doctor said everything was on track for my dates, so it just shows that even with a large bleed there is still hope.

Deemented Thu 23-Jul-09 17:19:16

Fantastic news!!!

ZippysMum Thu 23-Jul-09 18:04:34

Great news Retro!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now