Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Large bleed after an internal scan

(17 Posts)
RetroMum1 Tue 21-Jul-09 08:53:47

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help or let me know if this is normal.

I had an early scan yesterday at 6+0 and there was yok and gestational sac but no heartbeat and the doctor thought it was to early however he was quite rough and it was painful. Aferwards I had a laege bright red bleed.

I am worried and upset because I hadn't been bleeding for over a week and then it was only tiny tiny amounts of brown blood and immediately after scan there was this big one. I know have period type cramps and lots more brown blood.

I have had internal scans before and they have never been painful and I haven't bled afterwards.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is this a certain MC?

NumptyMum Tue 21-Jul-09 09:20:56

I'm afraid I've no answer, but bumping for you as you must be so worried. Probably an idea to contact NHS24 or the place where you had early scan done? <<<hugs>>>.

rubyslippers Tue 21-Jul-09 09:22:10

any bleed should always be investigated especially if it is red (ie fresh blood)

i would call your GP ASAP or refer back to the hospital

have a <<squeeze>>

OracleInaCoracle Tue 21-Jul-09 09:23:44

i agree, call epu, they probably wont be able to scan you again but may be able to advise. when is your next scan due?

RetroMum1 Tue 21-Jul-09 09:27:29

I have another scan on Friday and your right there is no point in going for a scan again today as there wasn't a heartbeat last time so they wouldn't be able to tell me anything.

Friday just seems a long way away and I wish i hadn't had the scan as the bleeding had stopped.

JamieJay Tue 21-Jul-09 09:28:09

Contact the EPU again, having had a mc I know how easy it is to panic but this is not a certain mc, it could be fresh blood from your cervix if he knocked it being too rough, rather than from the baby.

my thoughts are with you.

JamieJay Tue 21-Jul-09 09:29:09

RetroMum1 - we cross posted. Glad the bleeding has stopped, try (impossible I know) to relax as much as possible between now and Friday.

RetroMum1 Tue 21-Jul-09 09:33:43

That's what I'm hoping JamieJay, not sure you got that last bit from the bleeding hasn't stopped it's just gone dark brown.

JamieJay Tue 21-Jul-09 09:39:56

Sorry, read the last sentance as 'has' rather than 'had'. But dark brown is good.

Sorry if it's to much information, but when I mc'd as soon as the fresh red blood started it just kept coming so going back to brown is better.

RetroMum1 Tue 21-Jul-09 09:42:40

That's what I ma hoping for, gosh your good at reassuring. Only thing is when I had MMC there was some dark brown then stopped for 2 weeks until ERPC!

But still holding onto your confidence. Thanks you.

JamieJay Tue 21-Jul-09 09:46:33

No wonder you're worried, but chin up and positive thoughts.

ZippysMum Tue 21-Jul-09 11:54:34

Hi Retro,
I had slight bleeding early on in 2 pregnancies that ended in early MC (at 7 and 9 weeks).

BUT, I had the biggest bleed of all at 8 weeks with this pregnancy (knew for sure I was miscarrying) - and I am now 29 weeks pg with healthy twins!

Hang in there - lots of women have bleeding - it doesn't have to be something sinister. Good friend of mine bled lots through 1st tri of all 3 of her pregnancies - and has 3 healthy, happy (noisy!) dc's!

RetroMum1 Tue 21-Jul-09 13:52:55

Thanks Zippysmum well fingers crossed and congratulations on twins!.

DH would love twins so fingers crossed thats what the bleed is the egg splitting in 2!!

Arcadie Tue 21-Jul-09 14:37:19

Hi Retro - glad you're getting some good advice on here.... sorry we weren't as much help on AN! Still really hoping we'll still be chatting in March!!

RetroMum1 Thu 23-Jul-09 17:09:12

Hi

Just to update you I went for an emergency scan today due to the amount of blood and there was a baby and heartbeat!.

Very pleased and doctor said everything was on track for my dates, so it just shows that even with a large bleed there is still hope.

Deemented Thu 23-Jul-09 17:19:16

Fantastic news!!!

ZippysMum Thu 23-Jul-09 18:04:34

Great news Retro!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: