Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

has anyone got a negative test but been pregnant?

(10 Posts)
daniwalkes Tue 21-Jul-09 08:17:28

Hi... right i'll give you a bit of background, i have a 7 month old baby and we've been trying again as of last month... my last period started 10th June and i still haven't come on. i took a test on the 8th July which was negative (it was an early pregnancy test from the doctors) but that point i would presume it would tell me if i was pregnant yet i still haven't come on!
i did have a slightly longer break between periods recently though, i went over by an extra week.
Could it just be a stupidly late period and we're getting our hopes up?
Also has anyone taken a test that said it was negative but they have actually been pregnant?

Hollyoaks Tue 21-Jul-09 08:22:00

You may have tested too early and your hormone levels weren't high enough, test again. Good luck xx

alana39 Tue 21-Jul-09 09:56:29

I had a negative test when I tested this time at 4 weeks. Then started to feel sick and 4 days later it was positive. So as Hollyoaks said it's probably worth trying again in a few days.

MovingOutOfBlighty Tue 21-Jul-09 09:57:42

Yes - my ds tested negative the first time as had felt sick so knew was pg.
A week later he was a little blue line.
Best wishes.

abraid Tue 21-Jul-09 09:59:30

The doctor's test kept saying I wasn't pregnant when my Boots test said I was. My GP told me their tests weren't as sensitive.

I knew I was pregnant as I have only ever missed periods in pregnancy: they have kept going through Finals, break-ups, deadlines, etc.

naturelover Tue 21-Jul-09 18:02:21

I had 4 negative tests then when my period was 10 days late I finally had a BFP!

Scan dated the pregnancy as 10 days later than I thought so I conclude that I simply ovulated late that month.

The neg tests were the cheap Boots ones, the positive one was a Clearblue, but I suspect it was waiting longer that made the difference. You can imagine I thought I was going mad with four neg tests meanwhile I felt really pregnant with all the possible symptoms! Good luck

Reginamygina Tue 21-Jul-09 19:07:05

I had a couple of negatives (tested too early), then a few days later, a headache as a line appeared after 10 minutes (well, I don't really know how long after really as I went back to bed after I did the test, but when I woke up, it was there).

I ran to the shops to get another couple of tests, and then got a very very faint line.

Am now 15 weeks pg.
Good luck!

PS: that was our first month of trying, so you never know!

roxy12 Tue 21-Jul-09 19:09:41

Do another test, the pregnancy hormone may not be strong enough to be detected.

I hope it comes back positive for you.

good luck

Bubbaloo Mon 27-Jul-09 21:55:20

I'm also in the same boat,thinking I'm pregnant at the moment.So far I have taken 7 tests which have all come back negative.Im now going to leave it a few more days,before testing again.

KERALA1 Mon 27-Jul-09 21:58:39

Had a negative. No period so I actually rang the doctor to ask why I may have missed a period as I definitely wasn't pregnant blush. The doctor told me to do another test - result is a smily cuddly 8 month old!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now