Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

has anyone got a negative test but been pregnant?

(10 Posts)
daniwalkes Tue 21-Jul-09 08:17:28

Hi... right i'll give you a bit of background, i have a 7 month old baby and we've been trying again as of last month... my last period started 10th June and i still haven't come on. i took a test on the 8th July which was negative (it was an early pregnancy test from the doctors) but that point i would presume it would tell me if i was pregnant yet i still haven't come on!
i did have a slightly longer break between periods recently though, i went over by an extra week.
Could it just be a stupidly late period and we're getting our hopes up?
Also has anyone taken a test that said it was negative but they have actually been pregnant?

Hollyoaks Tue 21-Jul-09 08:22:00

You may have tested too early and your hormone levels weren't high enough, test again. Good luck xx

alana39 Tue 21-Jul-09 09:56:29

I had a negative test when I tested this time at 4 weeks. Then started to feel sick and 4 days later it was positive. So as Hollyoaks said it's probably worth trying again in a few days.

MovingOutOfBlighty Tue 21-Jul-09 09:57:42

Yes - my ds tested negative the first time as had felt sick so knew was pg.
A week later he was a little blue line.
Best wishes.

abraid Tue 21-Jul-09 09:59:30

The doctor's test kept saying I wasn't pregnant when my Boots test said I was. My GP told me their tests weren't as sensitive.

I knew I was pregnant as I have only ever missed periods in pregnancy: they have kept going through Finals, break-ups, deadlines, etc.

naturelover Tue 21-Jul-09 18:02:21

I had 4 negative tests then when my period was 10 days late I finally had a BFP!

Scan dated the pregnancy as 10 days later than I thought so I conclude that I simply ovulated late that month.

The neg tests were the cheap Boots ones, the positive one was a Clearblue, but I suspect it was waiting longer that made the difference. You can imagine I thought I was going mad with four neg tests meanwhile I felt really pregnant with all the possible symptoms! Good luck

Reginamygina Tue 21-Jul-09 19:07:05

I had a couple of negatives (tested too early), then a few days later, a headache as a line appeared after 10 minutes (well, I don't really know how long after really as I went back to bed after I did the test, but when I woke up, it was there).

I ran to the shops to get another couple of tests, and then got a very very faint line.

Am now 15 weeks pg.
Good luck!

PS: that was our first month of trying, so you never know!

roxy12 Tue 21-Jul-09 19:09:41

Do another test, the pregnancy hormone may not be strong enough to be detected.

I hope it comes back positive for you.

good luck

Bubbaloo Mon 27-Jul-09 21:55:20

I'm also in the same boat,thinking I'm pregnant at the moment.So far I have taken 7 tests which have all come back negative.Im now going to leave it a few more days,before testing again.

KERALA1 Mon 27-Jul-09 21:58:39

Had a negative. No period so I actually rang the doctor to ask why I may have missed a period as I definitely wasn't pregnant blush. The doctor told me to do another test - result is a smily cuddly 8 month old!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now