Talk

Advanced search

I think I might of been pregnant and miscarried but how would I know

(22 Posts)
lozzawoo Fri 20-May-05 22:10:57

Felt as if I was pregnant at the end of March but did not do a test and cycle came few days later but it was different. Could this of been a miscarriage? Has anyone experienced this?

Evesmama Fri 20-May-05 22:17:16

i havent honey, but wanted to let you know someone was listening

hope youve been ok?

hows ds?

Thomcat Fri 20-May-05 22:20:49

First of all sorry babes, and I hope you are ok. Second of all, yes, it had period pains from hell but just that afternoon, had such bad cramps I thought I'd faint and had to crawl up stair on hands and knees, never suffer from period pains usually and I passed large clots that looked weird and one clot had a bean looking object which I kept in fridge till I could see a GP on the Monday!!!!!!!! (sorry to gross you out) GP said it probably was a miscarriage and sent me away.

Look after yurself, lots of love TC x

lozzawoo Fri 20-May-05 22:24:11

Hi evesmama!

thanks. My little boy is two now getting old lol..

sweetkitty Fri 20-May-05 22:24:32

I was a week late once did one preg test thought it had a faint line then the next day it was negative no period for a week after then it was really heavy and sore. Doc said ealry miscarriage probably didn't implant properly.

lozzawoo Fri 20-May-05 22:26:33

Hi Thomcat!

I havent experienced any pain just a really heavy cycle and experiencing pregnancy symptoms. Hope you are okay and thanku for replying

lilsmum Fri 20-May-05 22:27:22

i am pretty sure i am going through this atm, i was 8 days late for period faint positive test and started spotting 1st on tues, then very heavy, needing night towels, very red blood, almost pink,and clotty, and very painful cramps , still bleeding heavily now

Evesmama Fri 20-May-05 22:28:38

dd is too and getting very cheeky with it

have you had any changes hapen lately? stress/diet etc??

after i continued my pill instead of having a seven day break a few months ago, my peiods have been very, very clotty and dark??cant explain it, but def not pg..
have you been trying?

Evesmama Fri 20-May-05 22:29:10

hugs to you too Lilsmum

Thomcat Fri 20-May-05 22:31:46

Oh girls, I'm so sorry, it's so rubbish, sending you my love and wishing you gorgeous healthy bubbies soon. I really hope you're ok. TC xx

Evesmama Fri 20-May-05 22:33:27

and you Thomcathope you are well

lozzawoo Fri 20-May-05 22:36:54

Hi evesmama!

No not been trying really if we get pregnant we get pregnant but have felt really weird these past couple of weeks.

I am losing weight as well from having my son I have gone down to a size 8 which I have never been b4 so it could just be that but have got a gp appointment on Monday.

Evesmama Fri 20-May-05 23:05:38

try not to worry(easy for me to say i know)

I wont comment on M/C if that is the case as i have no right too, however, it could very well be due to your weight loss?...hope it go's well and you feel better soon

Are you still living in same place?
we're trying to move at minute, up to Ingleby...having a hard time raising money for what we want though
but no one can say im not persistant!!

Evesmama Fri 20-May-05 23:14:04

off to bed now, but hope you're ok.
let me know how you get on on Monday..thinking of you hun

Night.x

lozzawoo Fri 20-May-05 23:17:34

Thanks Evesmama. Will let you know how I get on. I still live in the same place Ingleby is so expensive but hopefully u will get there.

Talk soon

Evesmama Fri 20-May-05 23:18:59

i know but want to get away from here and make this last move!!..
plus you do get more for your money than in Marton/nunthorpe etc.

have a good weekend
x

Evesmama Sun 22-May-05 21:21:59

how are you honey???

lozzawoo Mon 23-May-05 01:03:16

Hi Evesmama!

Sorry just seen your message.
Am okay but nervous for tomorrow feel a bit silly in a way cause their might not be anything to worry about. There at 15:30 so will let you know after then

Evesmama Mon 23-May-05 22:18:20

how did it go hun?

Toothache Mon 23-May-05 22:44:33

lozzawoo - I miscarried when I was 16 and knew nothing about it until I went to the GP a week later. My AF was 2 weeks late, but I was young and stupid and on the pill! When it arrived it was very heavy and sore and I felt tired. I remember being in the bath and passing somthing quite distinctive (sorry TMI).... went to the GP a few days later who informed me that it probably was a miscarriage. He took my temp to check for infection, asked if the bleeding had stopped, which it had, and sent me on my way telling me to come back if I had anymore unusual bleeding or abdominal pain. I will never know if it was a mc, but I believe in my heart it was. I had never been irregular and have never been since. It didn't upset me until years later.

Apparently it's very common for women to mc a few days after AF is due, but you just put it down to stress.... AF a bit late... and get on with it. Perhaps sometimes its better not to know IMO.
With dramatic weight loss that could totally explain it.
I hope you get some peace of mind.

SharonGroves Tue 24-May-05 13:06:18

It must be horrible to not know if you have miscarried or not.

In November I miscarried but only found out when my doctor did a test. My period was on time but then 8 days later it was still there and mine are usually 4 days. I went to the docs and tested negative. Another 10 days later, still bleeding, back to docs who took a blood test. The level of H-cgt was much higher than a "normal" one (usually 5) but much lower than if I was 15 days past conception (many 100's or 1000's). Mine was 25. Hence it was considered that I had been pregnant and the level was returning to normal. So that's how I knew. My "period" lasted a whole month in the end, which apparently is not odd for a miscarriage but I was very surprised/shocked.

I think that in your case the level would be normal again by now.

I'm not aware of any other way of knowing but I expect that if you think it was that then it probably was.

Hope you feel Ok about it all. I must admit to having felt quite relieved at having been pregnant as I was doubting it would happen as I am 42! That was my silver lining.

Sharon

Evesmama Wed 25-May-05 20:59:19

just seeing if you are around?[smlie]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now