Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed re private scans

(5 Posts)
friedfish Mon 20-Jul-09 22:46:07

My best friend recently went for her second scan and was told that evertyhing was fine regarding the baby.However when she asked if she could be told the sex of her baby the sonographer made her feel as though she shouldn't have asked and that that wasn't the point of her visit. Of course my friend was relieved that her baby's ok but she also really wants to know if it's a boy or a girl. She lives in the yeovil area in Somerset and I was wondering if anyone knows of a private clinic which carries out scans and if so the cost.Thanks

tink08 Tue 21-Jul-09 12:09:13

hi friedfish ,
the same thing happened to me but i'm in nottinghamshire . I've booked a private gender scan in Sheffield for next week to find out and i'm paying £50 for it .
I hope she finds a nice clinic , i just googled and then looked for opinions of people who'd been there grin

LuluMaman Tue 21-Jul-09 12:12:11

the sonographer has a point

the scan is an anomaly scan, not a gender finding out scan, but the anomlay part seems to have been forgotten about

it is a nice bonus to find out hte gender if you can though

but she should not have been made to feel awkward

friedfish Tue 21-Jul-09 13:31:32

I've found out that Yeovil Women's Hospital offer baby bonding scans for £65 so thanks for advice. My friend also appreciates how important it is to know if the baby is ok and that at the end of the day that is the most important consideration.

LolaLadybird Tue 21-Jul-09 13:51:02

Before your friend spends the £65 maybe she should check the hosptial's policy on finding out the baby's gender. I had both DC's (and all scans) at Yeovil and although I didn't want to know their gender, the policy was that they would tell you if you wanted to know (albeit, that it's not a guarantee etc etc). Also, there are signs up in the waiting area saying that if the parents aren't in agreement about the issue, they will respect the views of the mother - which suggests that they are happy to tell you. Given all this, seems unreasonable that the sonographer should have made your friend so uncomfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now