Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ouch, are these braxton hicks?

(9 Posts)
olivo Sun 19-Jul-09 15:18:06

i never had anything with my last DC but yesterday and today i have been getting some almighty pains across my bump. It all goes tense for about a minute and then seems to relax - are these braxton hicks? they are really uncomfortable and i feel like i'm going to pop!!

Picante Sun 19-Jul-09 15:21:48

Yep.

olivo Sun 19-Jul-09 15:32:32

bloody hell, not what i expected !! they're rendering me useless!!!

Picante Sun 19-Jul-09 17:33:36

How many weeks are you? I'm 35 and can't walk anywhere without them kicking in. I think it's a good sign!

olivo Sun 19-Jul-09 20:15:00

34 and a bit - am expected to go into labour any time though due to some problems, so i wasnt sure!
good luck!

HumphreyCobbler Sun 19-Jul-09 20:25:02

My braxton hicks were more or less painful according to where the baby was - when she was back to back they were agony!

olivo Sun 19-Jul-09 20:26:42

ah, mine was back to back at my scan the other day HC,wonder if it still is? another scan tomorrow....

HumphreyCobbler Sun 19-Jul-09 20:33:36

get the midwife to tell you how to encourage the baby to turn - mine didn't bother as was having a c-section. It was only after dd turned round of her own accord that I realised how much difference it would make!

olivo Sun 19-Jul-09 20:53:36

i will do, thanks. DD was back to back, not pleasant. not sure on how this one is being delivered at this stage but dont fancy another back to back-er!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now