Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

ouch, are these braxton hicks?

(9 Posts)
olivo Sun 19-Jul-09 15:18:06

i never had anything with my last DC but yesterday and today i have been getting some almighty pains across my bump. It all goes tense for about a minute and then seems to relax - are these braxton hicks? they are really uncomfortable and i feel like i'm going to pop!!

Picante Sun 19-Jul-09 15:21:48

Yep.

olivo Sun 19-Jul-09 15:32:32

bloody hell, not what i expected !! they're rendering me useless!!!

Picante Sun 19-Jul-09 17:33:36

How many weeks are you? I'm 35 and can't walk anywhere without them kicking in. I think it's a good sign!

olivo Sun 19-Jul-09 20:15:00

34 and a bit - am expected to go into labour any time though due to some problems, so i wasnt sure!
good luck!

HumphreyCobbler Sun 19-Jul-09 20:25:02

My braxton hicks were more or less painful according to where the baby was - when she was back to back they were agony!

olivo Sun 19-Jul-09 20:26:42

ah, mine was back to back at my scan the other day HC,wonder if it still is? another scan tomorrow....

HumphreyCobbler Sun 19-Jul-09 20:33:36

get the midwife to tell you how to encourage the baby to turn - mine didn't bother as was having a c-section. It was only after dd turned round of her own accord that I realised how much difference it would make!

olivo Sun 19-Jul-09 20:53:36

i will do, thanks. DD was back to back, not pleasant. not sure on how this one is being delivered at this stage but dont fancy another back to back-er!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: