Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When would I get an accurate pregnancy test reading?

(5 Posts)
Nicocacola Sun 19-Jul-09 12:33:31

Background:
My periods have always been all over the show; the shortest cycle I've ever had has been 31 days, but can be a good few months between them. I can never work out when I'm due on other than the usual signs of cramping a few days before.

I haven't written down when my last AF was, but I think it was in April some time, possibly towards the end of the month.

I usually practice safe sex, but in the last 5 weeks I have slipped up and had unprotected sex twice. So, with me not knowing when my period would technically be due, I don't know when I should take a test to see if I am pregnant. The only reason I am getting a little worried is because I can't remember the last time it's been so long between periods, it's usually every other month.

Deemented Sun 19-Jul-09 12:46:36

Well, you could test now, and then maybe in a week to ten days time?

Nicocacola Sun 19-Jul-09 15:25:35

Yeah I was thinking about doing one, but didn't know whether to wait until it would definitely show a correct result, so wait another 3 weeks or so. Plus the lack of period could be due to a whole number of things, I've recently changed jobs after 2 months of stressing about whether I would be doing the right thing, and before that I was finishing my final year at uni, so again very stressful.

Think I might just wait it out a bit longer.

saggyhairyarse Sun 19-Jul-09 15:31:58

If you tested 2-3 weeks after you last had unprotected sex then that would confirm if you got pregnant on those occasions.

Nicocacola Sun 19-Jul-09 18:03:39

Thankyou!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now