Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

piles driving me mad

(5 Posts)
Maddy06 Sun 19-Jul-09 08:10:03

any helpful tips on dealing with piles? sooooo itchy, especially at night. hard enough to sleep (at 32 weeks preg), but this is driving me mad!!

Sn0wflake Sun 19-Jul-09 22:52:08

Get some cream from doctor.....that's what I did. Also I did read somewhere about putting ice on them. Never tried that though.

mum27 Mon 20-Jul-09 06:12:41

Ice is brilliant, try filling the fingers of a rubber glove and tying them in a knot then freezing them. That way you have a small ice cube ready at night. I used to sleep with one, hard to get used to for the first few minutes but after that bliss and if you tie it tightly no water leakage :-)

bevlin Mon 20-Jul-09 13:56:54

Im not liking the sound of this! I am 16 weeks with 2nd baby and keep getting little shooting pains in back passage - Is that piles or just yet another unexplained PG thing! I wouldn't be surprised, ive been so constipated this time.

Miamla Mon 20-Jul-09 13:59:15

i found the only thing that helped was sitting in a bowl of salt water. stings like buggery (lol!) when you first sit down but the relief is amazing. also helps clean affected area so its a double bonus

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: