Talk

Advanced search

piles driving me mad

(5 Posts)
Maddy06 Sun 19-Jul-09 08:10:03

any helpful tips on dealing with piles? sooooo itchy, especially at night. hard enough to sleep (at 32 weeks preg), but this is driving me mad!!

Sn0wflake Sun 19-Jul-09 22:52:08

Get some cream from doctor.....that's what I did. Also I did read somewhere about putting ice on them. Never tried that though.

mum27 Mon 20-Jul-09 06:12:41

Ice is brilliant, try filling the fingers of a rubber glove and tying them in a knot then freezing them. That way you have a small ice cube ready at night. I used to sleep with one, hard to get used to for the first few minutes but after that bliss and if you tie it tightly no water leakage :-)

bevlin Mon 20-Jul-09 13:56:54

Im not liking the sound of this! I am 16 weeks with 2nd baby and keep getting little shooting pains in back passage - Is that piles or just yet another unexplained PG thing! I wouldn't be surprised, ive been so constipated this time.

Miamla Mon 20-Jul-09 13:59:15

i found the only thing that helped was sitting in a bowl of salt water. stings like buggery (lol!) when you first sit down but the relief is amazing. also helps clean affected area so its a double bonus

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now