Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

kicking question....

(9 Posts)
jessicasmummy Fri 20-May-05 11:25:52

how many weeks til u feel regular kicks numerous times every day?! im 18 weeks today, and although have felt some kicks, wouldnt say they are regular.... wouldnt believe i went thru this last year and cant remember!

jessicasmummy Fri 20-May-05 11:55:40

anyone?!

MarsLady Fri 20-May-05 11:57:52

I don't think you feel them regularly until you are in the 20s (weeks that is). Can't quite remember myself, but I know that it's once someone else can feel the kicks, but no one seems to say anything about the kicks until about 28-30 weeks I think.

btw were you selling baby clothes on ebay yesterday? Just being nosey!

Flum Fri 20-May-05 11:58:31

I would say later for regular kicks - after 6 months for me. Not sure how many weeks that is.

Magscat Fri 20-May-05 12:12:45

Depends on baby & on whether 1st, 2nd etc... - should notice it more with 2nd but 18 weeks is still early (IMO).

My 2nd babe never did have a 'regular' pattern & I ended up taking myself to be monitored at least 5 times in last trimester. She still has no routine now at 20 weeks old .

I wouldn't worry just yet but if you want reassurance go & ask for a trace to be done. (You know - where you lie there for 20 mins while they monitor the heartbeat & then they check the print out. My hospital were great about it & never made me feel like a nuisance. Really relieved the stress.

Chuffed Fri 20-May-05 12:13:05

I felt kicks at 15wks but dd was a kicker from the word go right to the last minute so I suppose it depends on the child.

jessicasmummy Fri 20-May-05 12:36:23

thanks for the reassurance people!

no i wasnt selling clothes on ebay!!!! i hate ebay now!

im not overly concerned - got my 20 wk scan in a couple of weeks so that should be fine!

bubbles2904 Fri 20-May-05 18:11:13

hi, with dd i felt at about 26 weeks but this time i have been feeling them quite regular since about 19 weeks but flutters since around 15 weeks. my partner(wouldn't call him darling!) felt them for the first time on monday and he was chuffed to bits. i'm 25 weeks tomorrow btw

HappyMumof2 Fri 20-May-05 18:13:47

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: