Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness worse with boys?

(11 Posts)
CheerfulSoul Fri 17-Jul-09 14:34:25

A friend of mine tells me that morning sickness is worse when you're carrying a boy than a girl. Has anyone else heard this? Is it an old wives tale or is there some science behind it?

itsalwaysthequietones Fri 17-Jul-09 14:38:11

Actually I'd heard it was the other way round - more likely to be sick with girls. But that wasn't borne out by my experience. Had no MS whatsoever with DD. Suspect it's an old wives tale but happy to be proved wrong!!

kay1980 Fri 17-Jul-09 14:39:51

No experience of this myself as I have only had a girl and I didn't have any morning sickness but I know a friend of mine had a girl and she suffered with morning sickness terrible for months. She is now pregnant with a boy and she says she hasn't really had any morning sickness so I think it may be just an old wives tale to be honest

stripes200 Fri 17-Jul-09 14:48:15

I also read differently; that you may have worse morning sickness when carrying girls when their wombs and ovaries are forming because of the extra hormones involved.

I certainly had morning sickness when pregnant with DD but a friend of mine, who was recently pregnant with a boy, also had very bad morning sickness so it's all probably just old wives tales.

lastboxoftampons Fri 17-Jul-09 14:50:41

I'm having a boy and almost no morning sickness here.

I've also read it's the other way around, ie worse with a girl.

gardeningmum05 Fri 17-Jul-09 15:03:01

strangely enough my morning sickness got better with each pregnancy hmm
with DS1 i was sick every hour of every day and even during labour sad

susiedotcom Fri 17-Jul-09 16:40:57

I heard it was worse with girls too. I'm expecting a boy in 6 weeks, and have had not one bout of sickness. I think it's all just old wives tales again.

Tiaxx31 Fri 17-Jul-09 16:45:38

I had a boy nearly 14 years ago and was as sick as you could get, now i am 20 weeks pregnant and carrying a boy again so i found out today at my scan, i had been as sick as a dog again and that was right from when i found out i was pregnant at 5-6 weeks, day and night you name it i was being sick. Som nights it was every hour through the night, now it has calmed down and maybe only sick once or even none some day's x

laurawantsababy Fri 17-Jul-09 19:52:42

I had dd and only felt a little ill some evenings and that was it.

This time I feel bloody awful all day every day. I am sure this is a boy smile

Wilts Fri 17-Jul-09 19:54:37

Ds1- only sick a couple of times
Ds2- awful sickness

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 17-Jul-09 19:58:10

DS1 sick from before I tested till the minute he was out.
DS2 sick until week 7 - then it stopped and so I was convinced he was a girl, but he has a willy - so I guess he is not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now