Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Almost due date, bored with waiting. Anyone got any tips that actually worked to evict babies?

(9 Posts)
Belgrano Fri 17-Jul-09 13:37:01

Due on Monday and was assured it would be early due to being engaged at 34 wks and DD only being 1 day late and my first etc etc.

Anyway, I am now officially UP FOR labour and BORED WITH waiting...

Anyone done anything that worked to bring it on?

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Fri 17-Jul-09 13:38:23

I watched a video of a birth (said to be a trigger) and my waters broke 2 hours later!

Don't know if it was coincidence or not!

Belgrano Fri 17-Jul-09 13:40:46

<Belgrano hurries off to youtube to find a video to watch>

CheerfulSoul Fri 17-Jul-09 14:29:19

I went on a see-saw with a friend's toddler two days before my baby was due. I went into labour 6 hours later. Again - conincidence? We'll never know!

lastboxoftampons Fri 17-Jul-09 14:53:14

LOL at see-saw! grin too bad you can't get into parks these days unless you're accompanied by a child! wink

Just wanted to say Hi to Belgrano! Best of luck! I'm due a week from today and will be in your shoes shortly! {{{{{{{{labour vibes}}}}}}}}} smile

Gromit78 Sat 18-Jul-09 10:57:32

I tried to watch some birth videos, but I think they may have put me off even more.

brettgirl2 Sat 18-Jul-09 13:47:02

I went to the races at 40+1 and sat on the round stools by the paddock. I had a very strange sensation up there when I stood up. If you are anywhere near it's Stratford tomorrow smile

WhatFreshHellIsThis Sat 18-Jul-09 13:52:51

nipple twiddling. worked for me!

ilikeyoursleeves Sat 18-Jul-09 14:20:47

Hi Belgrano and LBOT! I fel your pain! I am 39+1 today and seriously FED UP. Every night I think I am having cramps etc and that tonight will be the night but then wake up in the morning with nada symptoms.

I have tried walking, hot food, nipple tweaking, pleading to baby to come out and meet us, we haven't done the deed yet but DH always looks scared when I try to jump on him!

Hurry up bambinos!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now