Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Seen heartbeat at 5 weeks, do I need another scan before 12 weeks?

(6 Posts)
mumbot Fri 17-Jul-09 13:31:45

Hi, I paid for an early reassurance scan at 5 weeks where we saw the heart beat. I have the option of going for another at 8- 9 do you think it's worth it or should I wait for my NHS dating scan?

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Fri 17-Jul-09 13:34:04

I think once you've seen an early heart beat your chance of miscarriage drops significantly.

Will you have to pay for the 8-9 week scan? If so, I would wait until 12 weeks unless you have bleeding or pain or other reason to think there is something wrong.

Congratulations by the way smile

mumbot Fri 17-Jul-09 13:36:09

Hi thanks, yes it would be another private scan at £75.

bluespix77 Fri 17-Jul-09 13:54:29

Thats cheap for a private scan, where abouts in the country are you? Bet you're no where near me! I need to book in for a private scan in a couple of weeks.

Tangle Fri 17-Jul-09 15:46:04

We went to First View, who are in Fareham. They were lovely, have a very good reputation and an early dating/reasurance scan is £50. Nuchal is £100 and Nucal + bloods is £170.

mumbot - unless you are paricularly worried I'd wait till the 12 week scan. The risk of MC decreases with time, but seing a heart beat is a very good sign. Congrats and good luck

bluespix77 Fri 17-Jul-09 17:59:47

A bit too far for me - I'm in Oxford. We have a great private scan centre but they charge £120!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now