Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding in 9th week

(7 Posts)
AngelaCarleen Fri 17-Jul-09 07:07:42

I started bleeding again this morning, it sounds a lot more dramatic than it is, it's just tiny amounts, more streaking than anything else, but I'm worried sick. It's around the time that I would be expecting a period if I wasn't pregnant, could that explain it? There's no cramping and it's pinky/ brown in colour (TMI?). Anyway, I'm going to go to work and call the EPU after 8am, hopefully they'll be able to fit me in for a scan today.

sad

GiraffesCanRunA10k Fri 17-Jul-09 07:12:30

Fingers crossed all is ok. Many people experience bleeding in preg and all is fine.

bamboobutton Fri 17-Jul-09 07:14:41

it could be implantation bleeding. if there is no cramping and no clots then i wouldn't worry too much but i would go to the gp and ask to go to the early pregnany place at the hospital.

i had a big bleed at 9 weeks too and ds is 17mo now.

hope everything works out ok!

GiraffesCanRunA10k Fri 17-Jul-09 14:21:15

How are you doing?

Mouette Fri 17-Jul-09 15:19:28

Hi Angela
I had painless spotting and bleeding (actual red blood) in both my pregnancies and it turned out to be harmless. It's often either hormonal changes (ie periods) or the cells in the cervix softening. Hopefully the scan will be able to put your mind at rest. xx

AngelaCarleen Fri 17-Jul-09 22:43:52

Had a scan this morning and everything is fine - I suspect that there will be a note in my records to say 'this woman is hyper-anxious and likes getting scanned!'blush. I even saw baby move around when the sonographer was trying to get a measurement (I think it's taking after daddy and being unco-operative!). I now feel like a big fraud, but at least I'm not going to be worrying all weekend.

I know that bleeding in pregnancy is always worrying, but why isn't there more information telling you that it doesn't always mean mc on the way?

Mouette Sat 18-Jul-09 07:44:05

Hurray! I'm so pleased for you. I agree - I was terrified too when I started bleeding. I guess they don't want to tell women it could be harmless in case it really was a mc. You're not a fraud, btw, any bleeding should be investigated. If it reoccurs, don't hesitate to have another scan - sometimes bleeding can be caused by an infection that requires treatment. All the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now