Talk

Advanced search

Happy about being pregnant but feeling incredibly blue

(4 Posts)
loisstella Thu 16-Jul-09 22:00:37

Got the official confirmation today; pregnant (it took awhile to confirm).
I want to be pregnant. I'm excited about a baby - this will be my second (DD 14 months).
However I am freaking out and can't help feeling blue.
Don't care about the body (still fat from the last one), bit bothered about the nausea kicking in.
Mostly though; what the hell am I doing having another kid in this economic climate (we live in the middle east after we got credit crunched out of London last summer), am I capable of dealing with 2 kids?, I love my DD soooo much, will I be able to love another as much, will I be able to keep loving DD as much as I do now (and I can't refer to my mum - she was a TERRIBLE mother), am I up to this?
So - proper freak out.
Anyone else feeling happy yet sad and scared scared scared?

maxbear Thu 16-Jul-09 22:06:16

Second baby is sooooo much easier than the first one and it is great fun having a second. I remember thinking it was going to be hideous but it was way way better than I thought it would be. Am 12weeks with my third one now and although slightly apprehensive, no where near as much as last time due to the fact that the second one just slotted in to the family. grin

OmicronPersei8 Thu 16-Jul-09 22:09:45

Both times I got pregnant it took the whole of the first trimester to fully accept it - even though both times we were actively trying and really pleased to get pregnant.
Yes you can deal with 2 kids, yes you will love the second too, yes you will still love your DD just as much, if not more.

You know how you always feel the love growing? As in you look at your DD and say 'wow, I love you even more today'. Well, when DS was born I looked at DD and realised how deep and rich my love for her was, whereas for him it was all new and simple, he was all beautiful and helpless. Now he is 15months and my love for him has grown and is full and wonderful, just like with my DD. Sometimes I look at one of them and think 'I love you more than anything else in the world', then look at the other one is surprise because I feel exactly the same about them too.

Yes it is hard work but I bet it was with DD too - and yes it is fantastically rewarding.

mum27 Fri 17-Jul-09 01:36:42

I so understand how you're feeling, I was so in love with DS1 that I went into omplete shock when the Dr. told me I was pregnant again so soon after, he was 6 months old. I wondered how on earth I could love another baby as much as I did him. Then the Dr. told me I had 'options' and as soon as he mentioned them I realised that I couldn't make use of his 'options' while I already loved one that much, surely I could have enough love for another. And I did, it was hard work but they were great, terrific, fun and DD1 was a lovely compliment to DS. In fact I learnt that you CAN love more than one child and I'm now expecting my 8th in Nov. and while there are moments I would trade some of them in, DD 3 and 4 in particular, for 5 mins peace or an extra couple of hours sleep, I love them all so much and wouldn't trade any of them for anyting. God the positive pregnancy hormones have really kickd in this morning...I should take them out quickly for an ice cream before they wear off grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now