Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it normal to have a "clicking" sound coming from your bump?

(17 Posts)
babyball Wed 15-Jul-09 10:09:02

35 weeks pregnant and have a clicking sound occasionally coming from my bump, almost like clicking of joints. There is no pain involved. Anyone else had this? I have looked it up online and I can't seem to find an explanation as to why, although it seems to be something that others have experienced....

belindarose Wed 15-Jul-09 11:23:49

I've got something similar happening, but can't really 'hear' it, just feel the occasional 'click'! Stupid explanation, but maybe you'll know what I mean! Started yesterday (36 weeks today). It's a bit lower than my ribs - and her feet are right up in my ribs poking around. Feels different to that. Anyway, I guess we're bound to get lots of weird goings-on with nearly ready babies inside us!

YanknCock Wed 15-Jul-09 13:24:47

Me too! What the hell is it? I'm 34 weeks and been hearing the 'click' for about two weeks now.

I thought it might be my SPD acting up and maybe I was hearing the front pubic joints clicking, but it doesn't seem to be low down, and it definitely is associated with the baby moving. Doesn't hurt, but I can definitely hear it....how weird.

ilikeyoursleeves Wed 15-Jul-09 13:35:09

Could it be the baby having hiccups? Mine does that quite a lot (currently 38+4) and I can feel the 'clicks' every few seconds, sometimes it can be quite strong.

frogs Wed 15-Jul-09 13:41:47

it's hiccupping. V. common.

belindarose Wed 15-Jul-09 14:09:03

Mine's not hiccupping. That's happening just above my pelvis on the right hand side and is small rhythmic movements. This is only one 'click' at a time.

ExpositionDesMains Wed 15-Jul-09 14:11:12

There are so many threads about clicking late in pregnancy. Nobody's ever worked out what it is but it's very common!

babyball Wed 15-Jul-09 14:47:41

Mine's def not hiccups as it comes from the top of my stomach on the right hand side. Baby is engaged so when he hiccups, I feel it lower in my pelvis. Also a very different sensation. Glad to know I'm not the only one!

theyoungvisiter Wed 15-Jul-09 14:52:00

there are soooooo many threads about this.

yes it is clicking

no it is not hiccupping.

no it doesn't harm the baby.

I had it with both mine and all was fine.

incidentally my personal theory is it's coming from the mother's pelvis but the sound is kind of dispersed through the amniotic fluid which is why it sounds like its coming from the bump.

goingtohaveagoodnightssleep Wed 15-Jul-09 14:52:45

I used to get this. DS was born with a clicky hip and I am sure it was his hip clicking inside me!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 15-Jul-09 14:54:18

Is it your ribs expanding?

Gromit78 Wed 15-Jul-09 16:06:04

Not heard that one before, you sure your babies are human and not dolphins?

babyball Wed 15-Jul-09 16:09:16

I wonder if he is a dolphin after all(!)
It's rather bizarre, that so many get this and there has been no explanation for it so far.

Boodlerpoop Thu 16-Jul-09 11:19:00

Yup getting that too, thought I was imagining it until himself heard it and thought I had broken the baby. Insisted I go doctor about it. Doctor thought I was insane.

AmazingBouncingFerret Thu 16-Jul-09 11:21:53

It must be rather boring in there all day maybe the baby is doing one of those puzzle things that debenhams sell alot of at christmas time? grin
I cant remember getting it last time but im sure its just general baby moving around sounds.

babyball Thu 16-Jul-09 17:04:15

Oops, hope I haven't broken the baby Boodlerpoop!

Boodlerpoop Fri 17-Jul-09 18:23:01

Baby not broken, just clicky

And refusing to come out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now