Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gah!!!!

(6 Posts)
Deemented Wed 15-Jul-09 07:43:39

I'm 13 weeks gone, and it's only going to get worse, isn't it?

Near enough everyone that i've told that i'm pregnant has said the same thing - are you going to find out what it is? Oh you have to find out - and it's really doing my head in!!

Well no, i don't have to find out at all - and the more people tell me i do, the more i'm determined that i won't.

It seems the only reason people want me to find out is so that they can know what colours to buy - my best friend is desperate for me to find out so that she can go to the next sale in January and get much more for her money hmm DF's mum wants to know so she can know which colour to knit - i told her to knit white things.

I just feel so pressured, you know - and i also feel that if you find out and tell people, it's not so much of a surprise, you know?

See there's another thing... a part of me would love to know... but if i found out then i'd keep it to myself and not tell anyone - that's what i did with dd. And the only reason i found out with her was because my firstborn son had a condition in utero which meant he was likely to die after birth - he did - and there's a slim chance that if i have another boy that the condition may reoccour. So i found out with dd at 26 wks, but hubbs and i didn't tell anyone at all - and it was lovely having a secret that no-one else knew. But i know that if i tried that this time DF couldn't not tell his mum!!!

So i'm leaning toward not finding out at all - gah, it's hard this pregnancy lark, innit?

SoupDragon Wed 15-Jul-09 07:51:33

Either way you get a surprise at some point

I loved not knowing with DS1, I was annoyed to accidentally find out at 37 weeks with DS2, I loved knowing about DD and not letting on (everyone knew I knew though)

SoupDragon Wed 15-Jul-09 07:52:03

If you don't find out, lie and say they couldn't tell due to the baby's position.

blinder Wed 15-Jul-09 07:54:35

They can't really tell you for certain anyway. My current LO is 80% likely to be a girl. If you want to know FOR SURE you will have to wait and see wink!

rubyslippers Wed 15-Jul-09 08:00:15

I am pregnant with DC2 and we aren't finding out

people are a bit perturbed but we didn't find out with DS1 either

shopping is not a good reason to find out - they can buy neutrals or rainbow colours

mrswee Wed 15-Jul-09 15:31:06

It seems you can't win. Because DH was sooo excited and he despretly wanted to know - We have found out (but are not telling anyone the result) and people/family are surprised and disaproving that we did find out!

it's no one else's business what you do... just remember that!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now