Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby Movements

(7 Posts)
redboxer Tue 14-Jul-09 18:59:57

Is it pretty normal to be feeling baby movements so much at this late stage of pregnancy, I'm 36+4 and he is constantly wriggly about.

duchesse Tue 14-Jul-09 19:17:22

I would imagine he's just trying to get comfortable in an increasingly small space! Is it more like squirming, or more like flipping around?

If you're worried, get yourself on the phone to your midwife for some monitoring. She'll be able to tell if he's under stress or anything like that.

redboxer Tue 14-Jul-09 19:29:45

it's like stretching I guess, I have mentioned it to midwife and they just smile at you. I'm very petite and the growth scan at 35 weeks showed he was fairly small too, weighing at a mean 4lb.

I'm not overly worried as he's been active throughout the pregnancy was just wondering if anyone else was having same experience.

duchesse Tue 14-Jul-09 19:34:17

Mine came up at 4 lbs 3 oz at my 34 week scan last week. It looks just below the 10th percentile on the charts, so at a rate of about 1/2 pound per week until 40 weeks, yours should weigh around 6.5 pounds by then, so hardly a complete tiddler. It was a perfectly normal weight back in the 60s and 70s. Are you quite slight, and do you know your own birth weight?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 14-Jul-09 19:35:39

If you getting less or a lot more movements than normal, get yourself and the baby checked out.

duchesse Tue 14-Jul-09 19:36:03

That sort of movement sounds completely normal to me. They do need to stretch from time just as we do! Does he also get hiccoughs (rhythmic little jumps in roughly the same place for around 10-15 mins at a time)?

redboxer Wed 15-Jul-09 07:52:17

Thanks for your replies. Yes Duchesse, he does get hiccups quite frequent. I was very small before getting pregnant, size 6 not too sure of my own birth weight, think it was around 7lb. I've never thought of myself as having child bearing hips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now