Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7 weeks and low foetal heart rate

(22 Posts)
pinksofa Thu 19-May-05 13:30:20

I am 7 weeks and had a scan today and the heart rate is low at 83 and the sac is smaller than expected, plus slight bleed. Advised probably will mc but that there is still hope, anyone out there had similar and baby survived. I need to try and find something to hope for. Anything I can do to help baby.

bubbles2904 Thu 19-May-05 13:32:23

i think this is what happened to a girl i worked with. she gave birth early 31 weeks i think but her dd will be about 5 now and is perfect. good luck and congratulations

bubbles2904 Thu 19-May-05 13:32:53

sorry i can't help more

starlover Thu 19-May-05 13:33:21

i didn't have the low heart rate, but did have slightly smaller than expected sac, and a bleed at 6 weeks.
everything turned out fine... they could find no reason for the bleed when I had my scan... and DS is now 3 months old!

pinksofa Thu 19-May-05 13:56:06

thanks given me some hope, I am most worried about the heart beat

pinksofa Thu 19-May-05 14:22:45

bump

pinkmama Thu 19-May-05 14:27:31

I didnt know they could tell how fast hear rate going. Thats remarkable. Fingers crossed for you pinksofa. I have nothing more helpful to say, just wanted to say thinking of youX

pinksofa Thu 19-May-05 14:31:36

thanks pinkmama, yes they can but it should be well over a 100 about 140 i think, so there it is
- in limbo land really must get a grip and stop staring into space

Rachey1969 Thu 19-May-05 17:04:54

Pinksofa, I had a bleed at nine weeks with ds1 (happily now 11) and was scanned internally - was told that if they detected a heartbeat at that early stage that the risk of mc fell to virtually nothing. They didn't tell me what the heart rate was though. Hold on to your hope! Fingers crossed for you x

pinkmama Fri 20-May-05 13:03:48

How are things today pinksofa?
In the first 3 of my pregnancies I bled to varying degrees early on, managed to carry to term 2 very large and healthy babies, and sadly lost one. Oddly this pg I havent bled. Dont know why. But guess what I am trying to say is that there is hope, and whilst I dont know about the heart rate, the bleeding for me is certainly common and seems to bear no relation to whether I carry a baby to term or not.
I have my fingers crossed for you, let us know how you are x

pinksofa Fri 20-May-05 15:43:14

pinkmama I am ok, had a grim night got very distressed and bit morbid about everything and dh is very sad but being very loving

got thrush at mo and in night what i now realise was a pessary fell out of me and became very distressed as thought it was my baby, just too tired and hormonal to be logical, this morning in the light of day realised what happened sorry if tmi but in a strange sort of way found the outpouring very cathartic and feel more accepting today

it is terrible to admit but i have given up hope because the heart rate was so low and all that i have read re foetal heart rates confirms this also babe looks like stopped growing about 2 weeks ago as sac and legnth small for dates, poor baby had such a battering of infections BV, thrush, Strep B and three types of medications so all cannot of helped - feel guilty for giving up hope but feel she has gone

bleeding is increased though not heavy yet and feel a bit crampy

so kind of you to post and thank you for sharing your own personal experiences, I wish you and your baby a health pregnancy

I go back to hospital for another scan on Thursday

pinkmama Fri 20-May-05 19:18:26

Look after yourself pinksofa. Must have been very scarey in the night, but as you say, probably good to have a good cry. I really hope it works out for you. I will keep fingers crossed. Let us know how scan goes on Thursday.
best wishes and hugs X

Mirage Fri 20-May-05 19:25:29

I had a smaller sac than expected,plus bleeding at 8wks.The result has just gone happily off to bed.

I'm really surprised that they can measure the heart rate so early-I'm a veteran of early scans & at 7wks sometimes the heart can only just be seen.It is only the size of a poppyseed & sometimes doesn't even start beating much before 7wks.

Any chance that you ovulated late & your dates are adrift?I'll keep everything crossed for you.

pinksofa Sat 21-May-05 10:30:23

not really Mirage as if my dates were wrong then def no heart rate and it was there for all to see and they measured it on their computer screen thing, at one point hoped they had made a mistake and maybe their computer counted wrong but tbh i could see the heart rate and 83 seemed about right
thank you for good wishes

AnotherHelen Sat 21-May-05 13:56:29

Hey pinksofa, i just wanted to say im thinking of you! and keeping my fingers crossed - tightly! xxx

pinksofa Mon 23-May-05 06:50:40

just wanted to thank all on here and Jan 06 thread for messages of support, got scan on Thursday will let you all know on this thread what has happened
been bleeding very heavily for a while now, so very sad about it all and feel my baby has been cheateed of life and very angry for her

there was a delay by GP's giving me right treatment for BV, they gave me amoxycillin firt which I was later told does not treat it, all this achieved was infecion got worse and I got a severe attack of thrush, on 3rd day got right treatment
suppose i will never know if this was the determining factor but feel there was a loss of a chance of life for my baby
I will change GP's but do not feel i will make a complaint
back at work today, not sure I should be as v weepy but not sure I can face telling them about it all, not even 100% sure what has happened
pinksofa

Rachey1969 Mon 23-May-05 09:57:47

I'm so sorry pinksofa - you have had a dreadful time and have been treated appallingly I do hope you get some feedback as to what went wrong to put your own mind at rest. I hope you are coping at work - don't be afraid to tell them you need to go home if you want to - you don't have to tell them the real reason.

pinksofa Thu 26-May-05 14:28:43

went along for scan complete mc everything has gone , I expected this relieved no need to have an operation
sad for my baby and so sorry never to have met her
going to get a tree or shrub to put in the garden

Toothache Thu 26-May-05 14:36:24

Pinksofa

A tree/shrub is a lovely idea.

AngelCakeUmm Thu 26-May-05 14:42:19

Pinksofa only just seen this thread, I am very very sorry to hear your sad news

Rachey1969 Thu 26-May-05 14:42:28

That's a lovely idea pinksofa, so sorry to hear you lost your baby hope it's not long before we see you again on the threads.

Mirage Thu 26-May-05 15:50:25

I'm so sorry that you have lost your little one.I think a shrub or plant to remember the baby by is a lovely idea.I have a rose for my lost baby.Please take care of yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now