Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Itchy scalp in pregnancy?

(4 Posts)
HoracetheHedgehog Tue 14-Jul-09 14:44:17

I've had a really itchy scalp the past two days, it's driving me mad angry I've had DH check for lice but nothing, thank goodness.

I don't normally have dry skin at all, and have been using the same shampoo and conditioner for a few months now,so don't think it can be that.

Has anyone else had this? And should I be worried (I'm 31+3)?

TIA

jojobeanie Tue 14-Jul-09 16:00:11

Hi there, I am no expert but although itchy skin is common in pregnancy an itchy scalp, soles of feet or palms of hands could indicate a condition called obstetric choleostasis.
It is a rare but serious condition that affects your liver so get yourself along to your GP or contact your MW.

Hope this is of help smile

HoracetheHedgehog Tue 14-Jul-09 18:30:07

Thanks JoJo,I'll give my MW a call tomorrow...

astenekes Mon 20-Jul-09 14:52:43

Hi there, I am curious about what you learned because I am also dealing with an itchy scalp! I meet with my MW later this week, so will ask her about it then, but in the meantime I'm wondering what you've discovered for yourself !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now