Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

4D scans

(7 Posts)
SparklyPseudonym Tue 14-Jul-09 14:12:23

I'm 24 weeks pregnant with DC#2 and we are interested in having a 4D scan. The clinic has offered me an appointment this Thursday when I will be 24+6 weeks. Has anyone had a 4D at this stage? Was it worth it or do you wish you'd waited longer?

Alternatively, they have an appointment available when I will be 28 weeks but this will not be with the consultant I'd prefer to see.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks all.

Scorps Tue 14-Jul-09 14:12:59

I had one at 23 weeks and could see everything it was lovely!

SparklyPseudonym Tue 14-Jul-09 14:18:07

Thanks Scorps. Would you have one at that stage again or wait until later in pregnancy? They cost £230 here so no option of a second if we don't get the view we're hoping for smile.

Scorps Tue 14-Jul-09 14:27:05

I would stay the same, as we could see she was a she, her playing with cord, stroking her face etc, but it didnt spoil the suprise of what she looked like, as she still had a few more months to go!

SheWillBeLoved Tue 14-Jul-09 15:05:06

We had one at 21 weeks when we went private to find out the sex, and another at 28 weeks exactly. The one at 28 weeks was so much better, so much more detail although as she was bigger, it focused more on her face rather than full body shots in the earlier scan.

flowerybeanbag Tue 14-Jul-09 15:11:51

We had one at about 26/27 weeks with DS, and looking back he looked just like him in real life when he was born, absolutely recognisable.

We have one booked for 27 weeks with DS2 in a couple of weeks time.

I'd probably go with the 28 week appointment personally, unless you have a real problem with the person you would be seeing.

SparklyPseudonym Wed 15-Jul-09 09:23:57

Thanks for your replies ladies. We're still undecided but waiting to hear back from the clinic but the appointment may be tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now