Talk

Advanced search

Skin tags - what are they all about, then?

(14 Posts)
LeninGrad Mon 13-Jul-09 23:28:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

llareggub Mon 13-Jul-09 23:36:26

I have PCOS and someone once told me they were a symptom of PCOS. I guess in pregnancy the cause may be hormonal, but I've no idea to be honest.

Hmm. Why did I post?

PrettyCandles Mon 13-Jul-09 23:43:00

I don't have PCOS, but developed more and more skintags with each pregnancy. Afterwards I removed some, the ones that particularly bothered me, by tying them off tightly with a silk thread and letting them die. Then they just dropped off and barely left a mark.

In my last pgcy I developed quite a few tiny skintags around my nipples. [yeuch emoticon] They all disappeared within days of ds2's birth - he had somehow stripped them off while feeding! (Yeah, I know you're not supposed to give them solids at 2days old. grin)

sandcastles Tue 14-Jul-09 01:27:49

They can be caused by clothes rubbing the skin, I have heard.

jabberwocky Tue 14-Jul-09 04:01:14

It is so weird isn't it? I got two very strange ones with ds1 and several with ds2. Most went away on their own thank goodness.

Longtalljosie Tue 14-Jul-09 07:04:14

I think it's because your skin and hair renew themselves so quickly in pregnancy - it's sort of a fit over over-enthusiasm. That's how it was explained to me anyway.

I had one when I was a student on my neck, which I hated. My mum advised me the nurse would tie a bit of souche (sp?) thread around it and pull it tight, and then it would eventually drop off. As a student I was too busy drinking working for all that, so did it myself with some cotton. It worked. But as an adult I wouldn't do it again, I'd ask the nurse!

LeninGrad Tue 14-Jul-09 09:04:34

Heebychick Tue 14-Jul-09 15:04:00

I have lots of these too! really annoying little ones in strange places (DD has one too on her bottom!)

Hope they go away soon.

Last pg i had lovely silky hair but this one my hair has turned into a thick greasy horses tail! nice.

MamaG Tue 14-Jul-09 15:06:56

DH has a skin tag on his back. DD calls him "blob-back" shock

I keep telling him about the cotton but he won't let me do it

meep Tue 14-Jul-09 15:08:20

I had a horrid one under my eye that got bigger and bigger the more pregnant I got. It fell off when dd2 was about 4wo - hooray! Alas my hair is also now falling out..........

Ladyem Tue 14-Jul-09 17:03:00

Thank goodness it's not just me! I got loads on my neck with DD and I thought I'd got away with it this time, but they've started going mad again the last couple of weeks!!! All on my neck, my chest and I've found one on my chin this morning! Lovely!

Some of mine went within a few months of giving birth to DD. I'm hoping these do the same!

I've also got pigmentation patches on my cheeks (face!! Lol!!) and round my lips that looks like brown lip liner! People keep telling me I have chocolate round my mouth and I have to explain blush!! Nothing covers it either, so I have to just put up with it!!!

LeninGrad Tue 14-Jul-09 17:14:47

Ladyem Tue 14-Jul-09 20:27:39

I know what you mean Leningrad, I've been religiously slapping on the factor 30 in a bid to stop the pigmentation getting worse, and have still caught the sun just dashing in and out to the shops etc, more than I would having 2 weeks in the sun!!! Pity mine is patchy, though!!!

lynneevans51 Sun 19-Jul-09 19:59:27

I've just got one popped up on the INSIDE of my eye - the corner. It is really really irritable. I think its because I've been rubbing my eyes so much with hayfever... going to doctors about it tomorrow to see if they can do anything...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now